AOL CEO: 'Obamacare Is an Additional $7.1 Million Expense For Us'

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mancha, Feb 6, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Already done. Come back when you got somethin'.

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Back on topic. It's a little silly for AOL to claim 7.2 million is even a drop in the bucket. I understand costs are going up but the better point is in small businesses or individual plan holders like me whose premiums are doubling. F**k AOL and their 7.2 million. Put out a decent product then come talk to me.

mancha likes this.
  3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

A decline in workers hours to lessen the full-time employee insurance mandate, a decline in hiring to lessen the insurance burden on the company, an increase in deductibles, and a decrease in consumer spending are problems heading forward.

4. red55

I find it interesting that a plan that has not yet been implemented is described as "not working" or "a failure". I realize that you object politically to the whole thing, but that does not make it a failure.

It's not a "fact". They have until March and many are waiting to the last minute, as young people often do.

Humana says young people signing up for Obamacare
    New Obamacare Data: Just Enough Young People Are Signing Up

"It is critical to remember that we are still early in the open enrollment period," Caroline Pearson, vice president at Avalere Health, an independent consulting firm, told TPM. "We have always assumed that older and sicker individuals would be the first to enroll, and younger, healthier people would enroll closer to March. So, we shouldn’t panic about low young adult turn-out at this point because it is to be expected."

Not many at all. Only 5 million people out of 300 million who had high-deductible, low-premium personal insurance that does not meet the standards. They were not well-insured at all and will get much better insurance now. I get to keep my plan as do all people in employer-sponsored health plans.
    It hasn't started yet! Many of the uninsured are getting insurance through the exchanges and more will sign up. Many are also dragging their feet because they have become used to being uninsured and using emergency rooms, which the insured have ended up paying for in higher insurance costs. This practice needs to end and insurance for all will do it.

You are entitled to this opinion. I point out that the law has barely begun and can't meet all of its goals until it is entirely implemented and working.

5. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

No one and no thing is going to pay less for health insurance. Companies, employees, people shopping on the ACA market, increased tax burden to fund the system...the health care industry is one of the biggest money vacuums from the overall economy.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You disputed with your opinion. Not debating opinions.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

But it can meet the goals it had planned, but it hasn't. As Obama himself has said.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I don't give a shit what you believe. I can post a link from MSNBC and you would call it conservative because I posted it.

9. red55

Not debating at all.

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Uh, yeah, I understand we have a cost of care problem that this bill doesn't address and because of that premiums are gonig up, but some people are taking on an unreasonable amount of the added burden. 100% increase is not reasonable.