AP Player of the year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Yes,the AP fucked up in 2003. How many of those voters are still voters 16 years later? Gotta be a lot of newer guys who weren't on the panel then. Hating the AP now would be like hating LSU because Curley the Stooge Hallman was coach 25 years ago.

mctiger and Winston1 like this.
  2. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I heard
    Yeah, these awards are popularity contests. We are so hot right now though

Winston1 likes this.
  3. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I agree Joe earned all the honors. Joe getting the award isn't the issue. Acting like their award means shit is the issue. They negated a NC for us. Fuck them and their awards.

4. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

And how long did people say Fuck Bama after Bear left? How long will we say FUCK Bama after Little Nicky leaves? 50 years for now people will still be saying it.

You think 16 years means ANYTHING opposed to robbing a NC from us? Fuck them and you too if you're defending them.

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

well there's that...

tirk and furduknfish like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I see you forgot to take your meds today

I'm just saying that many of the individual reporters who vote now were not voters then and many who voted then are not voters now.

Since you seem to have nothing better to do why don't you file a lawsuit against the AP. I'm sure you can find a lawyer who is willing to take your money.

tirk likes this.
  7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I honestly don't care if it were the AP, Nick Saban or a hallmark card that awarded Joe player of the year. There is no question that he is on any level. Joe can and did have his day, despite your carry over bitterness you cannot seem to put aside, just for Joe Burrow. You are free to and rightfully so, allowed to be bitter for the failures of the AP 16 years ago, but in the context of this award, you really should let it go without conflict for what Joe rightfully earned.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

I hope Myles Brennan realizes that Burrow did not win this award only because of the new Tiger offense. Burrow also worked his butt off to earn it. I don't expect Brennan to be as good as Burrow next year, but I hope he at least tries to have the same work ethic.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Also I hope he paid attention and listened to what Joe was doing.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

And you seem to be missing the point that I don't give a shit who the reporters are/were. The AP could have made it right at any time over 16 years and have chosen not to. So their opinion as an organization means absolutely jack shit. Joe has been fantastic, he deserves everything, but that 2003 NC team also deserves being called the National Champions. One OBVIOUS right in picking Joe does not mean they get a free pass for robbing us of a NC.

As far as a lawsuit, stop being a dumbass. You sound like the stupid motherfuckers who sued the NFL over the missed PI call in the playoffs with the Saints. You wanna suck the AP's dick because they selected Joe as the POTY and wanna act like now all is forgiven go right ahead. Nothing has changed for me with them. That bridge was burned in 2003.