AP Poll out: LSU #14

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 21, 2004.

1. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

ANy chance he will re-sign with us??? :shock: :grin: :grin:

2. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

If Auburn finishes 12-0 and doesn't go to the Orange Bowl, I will go ape ****. AU should go before USC, plain and simple. After this year, I don't want to hear these west coast *******s talking about how their piss-poor conference is disrespected year in and year out. Dumbasses.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It was set up for USC to go to the Orange Bowl, period. The media feels they were shut out last year, and there are even those who think the '02 two-loss team with Carson Palmer should've been in the Fiesta Bowl over either Ohio State or Miami.

Perhaps we're #14 not because of our ugly wins, but because the AP is GOING to shut Auburn out of the Orange Bowl, and beating #14 at home by one point isn't as impressive as beating #10. Has anyone thought of that?

4. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

As an LSU fan posted on this thread, Auburn did NOT lose any votes this week. We got EXACTLY the same number as last week. Oklahoma took some votes away from USC. But if the sanctimonious, "tradition rich" bammers want to take solace in Moral victories then we really have them in the toilet. :hihi:

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I hate USC and I agree with your theory of FORCING them into the NC game at all costs.

That being said, I don't agree with the theory that we have been kept down to make Auburn look a little worse. We are were we are cuz we deserve to be there.

I mean is there anyone on this board that thinks we are a top 8 team, or even a top 10 team? I say if you look at the season as a whole we are probably closer to 20 than 10.

6. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I thought we would be around 12 like in the coaches poll.

Virginia Tech or Miami drops down after they play.

If LSU Wins Friday and wins their bowl then i see finishing 6-8 in both polls.

Not bad for a team with no proven QB and not many seniors.

I have been upset about QB play just like the rest but when all is said and done. I think these players have left it on the field and under a Dinardo this team would have won 3-4 games.

Since it is Thanksgiving week i am going to look at the Blessings of having a great School like LSU to pull for and all i can say is thanks for giving this Louisiana boy stuck in California a piece of home to look forward to every week.

Let's eat some bacon this week.

I can smell the grease falling off them pigs now!!!!!!!!

Geaux LSU Tigers

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I don't thikn we shoud look at a number, but instead of the teams that are ranked ahead of us. Michigan lost to 2 teams that are inferior to the teams we lost to and have also had a few very crappy games and comeback wins, Miami likewise. Iowa is on a roll but who did they lose to? I would have them ranked ahead of us due to the way they are playing right now though. VA Tech lost to the number one team and a NC St team that has a very good defense and a horrible offense, at home. About equal I guess, and they have had 3 close games but they have been pretty good and very good in their last 2 games so I give them the edge right now. Either they are Miami will drop below us after their game.

I think UGA should be ranked about where they are and saying they are very overrated hurts any arguement for LSU being ranked higher because of who we have lost too. If we beat Arkansas we could psoosibly end up in the top 10 before the bowls but I doubt it.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

UGA is definantly overrated, the only reason they are rated so high is because of the way they played us (Like a National Championship Caliber Team). If you look at the rest of their games, they do not deserve to be top 10 - maybe 12 or somewhere around there. Granted, they've only lost to 2 highly ranked teams (just like LSU) but have played down to the rest of their opponents - just like LSU. I think LSU is in about the right spot for now - which means Georgia should be closer to where we are.

Miami has lost to teams that are not near as good as the teams LSU lost to, but they have also been able to dominate a few and play some good ball. Outside of Arkansas St & Mississippi St - LSU hasn't really looked good all year.

Texas is overrated and is not BCS caliber. They are top 10 - maybe 9th, but not good enough to compete with the BCS contenders unless they were to get a team that hasn't played anybody and they turn out to be completely overrated.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

LSU has a much better defense than every team ahead of us that was mentioned in this thread. I would have no problems with a #10 - 12 ranking.
    When constantly referring to our having played poorly, one should point out that the offense has played poorly, but the defense has been outstanding. It's all in the eye of the beholder but I would like our chances against any team in the top 13, primarily because of our ability to hold the score down and the strength at running back. We are not that bad a team.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I couldn't agree more. Everyone (myself included) wants us to be more consistent in the passing game, but we are what we are and the defense has been carrying us the whole year. I, for one, remember the Tepper era all too well when we would put 30+ points on the board and still lose. I'll take this style over that any day.