AP Poll Pulls Out Of BCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geaux5000, Dec 21, 2004.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You still don't get it. There is ONLY ONE to win and that is the BCS Championship. That's the one that all participating schools agreed to and that's the only one that is truly the Championship. The AP winner is simply that. The AP winner. The Coaches abided by the agreement and voted LSU the BCS CHAMPION. It's not that difficult a concept.

2. LSU4Life

LSU4Life Founding Member

To continue on SabanFan's point, there's only one place that teams are trying to get to when the football season starts, and it ain't to the top of the AP list. It's to the BCS Championship game.

Sorry you guys didn't get a chance this year, but it's pretty obvious this is what you're really peeved at. Don't try to take away from our Title just because you didn't get a chance this year and are crying sour grapes.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I'll say it again, post season college football sucks when it comes to seedings and crowning champions.

4. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

No, you still don't get it. I am not trying to take anything away from yalls championship. I cheered for you last year and I am glad an SEC school won a national championship.

"That's the one that all participating schools agreed to and that's the only one that is truly the Championship. The AP winner is simply that. The AP winner."

You are mistaken. The only people who agreed to this were presidents from 6 conferences. The Mountain West, Conference USA, WAC, and many other's never agreed to this.

And more importantly, THE NCAA NEVER AGREED TO THIS.

If the winner of the AP is simply that. The winner of th BCS is simply that.

The NCAA and half the conferences in the NCAA never agreed that this is the 'official champion'.

It is simply one of many ways to determine the national champion.

5. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

AGREED!!!

6. SabanFan

Nice try, but the Aubies will be second, at best, regardless of whichever championship you lust after. The NCAA does not crown a football 1A champion so who gives a sh!t whether they agree or not? The "participants" that I referred to are the BCS conferences. Did not USC agree to be part of the BCS and to abide by the rules? I'll answer that. Yes they did, yet they continually refer to themselves as 2003 National Champions when, in fact they are not. I see where you're going. You are hoping for a demolition of VPI while USC and OU stink up the Orange Bowl, leaving Auburn at the top of at least one obscure poll. Then, you will all have 2004 National Champions in your avatars. Just remember. If it ain't the crystal football, it ain't sh!t.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

As much as I hate to do it, I have to agree with you on this one.
    :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

8. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Pretty easy to see what you're still "peeved about" too :rofl:

9. SabanFan

You would be too, if you ever get into that situation, which you won't.

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Damn. I swear I was thinking the exact same words. :eek: