AP Preseason Poll Out

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Aug 17, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

The first time I saw TM7 play was like everyone else, NC opening game in ATL. I had been busy that year, so hadn't followed the early info. After seeing him play for a quarter, I said, "That kid should never leave the field, as long as the defense and Special teams are playing." I got hung up not following the ball at times, just watching the kid play. Like I always say, I don't care about heights and weights, you can play football or you can't.

2. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Indeed, but the competition they are playing are so soft that everytime they run up against a team of equal or better talent they fold. It is also now a moot point with Braxton Miller out for the season. No way OSU is playoff material without him.

TigerTap likes this.
  3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Don't close the book on tOsu just yet, they have some incredible athletes, great coaching & they don't play in the SEC. They aren't like Michigan under Rich Rod, Meyer will likely still have them beating most of their opponents and they could possibly be in the hunt.

We know the voters will like them with so many in the north & NE, although it isn't nearly as lopsided as it was when Notre Dame always got the votes back in the day.

TigerTap likes this.
  4. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

After the NCG they didn't vote LSU #1 even though they were at the time part of the BCS and were under agreement to vote the winner of the BCSCG as the #1 team in the nation. If the shoe had been reversed they would have had no problem voting USC #1. But because it was LSU they didn't. They are the entire reason USC was trying to claim split NCs.

It had nothing to do with evaluating games and everything to do with their own PAC 10 agenda. I don't care how long it's been. AP Poll is and always will be dead to me. Go on defending them if you want, but the AP can suck my ****.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The AP is irrelevant since the advent of the BCS, which was designed to prevent split championships. It worked as advertised. There is only one crystal football for 2003 and it is in Baton Rouge.

b_leblanc likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Alabama has one less than they used to. One of their players broke one

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I think the article mentioned that these were cast before suspensions announced.

UCLA was the shocker for me.

TigerTap likes this.
  8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Worked so well that after years of controversy we've finally abandoned it for a playoff.

In fact, do you now consider the "BCS" poll to be irrelevant, or can we still comment on it. Cause really, the playoffs will be all that matters. The BCS Poll will be shelved and a 13 member committee will provide a "poll" of teams 1 thru 4 for the semi-final games.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    TigerTap likes this.
  9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

To your point, there were not a playoff team with him. They could have rolled their schedule and still missed the playoff discussion. The days of Boise St. are over and until their AD conjures a schedule, OSU will be the new smurfs.

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I suspect the committee members may consider the polls. How much is anybody's guess.

TigerTap and cajdav1 like this.