AP Preseason Poll Out

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah, you've taken a bit more indirect and strategic route to your knighting.

:D

LSUTiga likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Well I most certainly DO care what YOU think pal.

You know I've never said this but I actually first registered on that USC forum BECAUSE I would get so pissed off about 03. I was known as somewhat of a flamer (as one of the veteran posters later described me as. His user was Blem). I came across it in a search and read for a while. I thought I'd register and show them sum bitches.

vball and I actually got to be friends over friendly betting on their forum that we would get Joe M. Looking back, I'm sure glad she won. :D Course, with her inside info I later learned that she already knew but couldn't say. She's very close to that program. At that time she and some other posters there attended practices. It was so interesting to get real info from them instead of so much speculation put out on most other team forums.

The more I read the more I heard an "other" perspective on a lot of things. My feelings never changed on the '03 deal but it came to mean very little what anyone else felt about it. I was/am proud of what we did. I never considered it a "split championship". I challenge anyone to find that I EVER posted that. I've only argued that any poll can be enjoyed/celebrated if any given fan base chooses.

I welcome the needling though. As I've often said, it's what makes forums fun. ;)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Are you Paul Finebaum? He is a skinny sportswriter

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Thank you Captain Obvious.

5. LSUTiga

Hey, if you're saying "POLLS" so emphatically, I think it definitely is a misstatement and needed to be distinguished.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

IMO, polls are useful as guides, and years ago they served as the only gauge for NC, thus creating lots of controversy year after year. Once the BCS came around, it was a superior option and created an actual NC decided on the field. It wasn't infallible, and isn't as good as a playoff, but it was the best we had and certainly better than any singular poll, including the AP. That's why LSUs BCS should be, and is by most who matter outside of USCw, considered the true NC in 2003, and not the APs USC. Why would the APs matter in 2003 and not any year beyond? Nobody talks about any discrepancies after 2003, yet the AP poll still existed.

I think the playoff panel will need to use polls since they are trying to narrow it down to 4 teams and have to base it on subjective criteria.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

And tell him I promoted you to Admiral. :D

8. LSUTiga

If you go back to the origins, polls WERE TO create controversy. It was meant to generate interest. Think about Princeton and Yale winning National Titles and I'm sure you can see why there was a need.

The hell they don't. Go tell that to an Auburn fan, for one. That statement shows how P&G your world is. Not that there's anything wrong but removes any objectivity imo.

huh?

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Google Navy officer ranks.

He called you Captain Obvious. I promoted you to Admiral.

10. LSUTiga

Oh snap.