AP writer Josh Dubow

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Nov 23, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

is not too encouraging:

If the No. 1 vs. No. 2 matchup happens, the only complaints can come from Baton Rouge, La., where LSU fans argue they deserve a shot, too.

But because of a weak nonconference schedule, the Tigers could be fourth -- behind Michigan -- rather than second when the new BCS standings come out Monday.

And LSU still needs to beat Arkansas and win the SEC title game to make the argument.

"We don't worry about all that stuff on the side," LSU defensive tackle Chad Lavalais said.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2003/11/23/sports1503EST0415.DTL

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Who cares if we're 4th this week? I'd be concerned if the season ended this week, but the schedule says otherwise...

3. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

what i want to know is about our total schedules compared, at seasons end, who played more ranked teams? People say USC shouldnt be penalized for AU turning out to be ab average team. Well what about Marshall backing out on us or Arizona when we scheduled, wernt in the midst of a program meltdown. Anyone who uses that argument hasnt looked at both sides of the story! But yes, its what happens on Dec. 7th that matters, but we have to get past the hogs first!

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

If we aren't 2nd we may as well be 10th. All we can do is take care of our business and hope for the best.

5. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

I cant see how Mich can pass LSU with 2 losses.

6. max

max Founding Member

LSU will have played a more difficult schedule than USC. USC will have beat a team with a winning record 4 times. LSU will have beat a team with a winning record 6 TIMES counting W. ILL and the Conf Championship. I think USC is ranked #2 because they lost earlier, have Matt Leinart, and bring the second largest TV market. Our SOS will be stronger in real terms. They beat alot of 6 win teams while we beat 4 win teams and that is supposed to make a difference.