APB for Smoke Naysayers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mcmikel, May 7, 2005.

1. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

I KNOW the paper must have a major MISPRINT. LSU, tied for 1st in the West and 1 out of the overall SEC lead. That can't be possible if I recall, Smoke can't coach, LSu stinks, etc...

Gee, weather's turning hot and guess what? So is LSU...

2. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

You know if you always look for the sun, it will eventually rise... "told ya so" is for women and children. Which one are you ?

3. LSUSPORTSFREAK

LSUSPORTSFREAK Founding Member

"I told ya so" only seems to bother people who are proven wrong. :hihi:

4. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

So i was wrong for saying that this team needs work, that Smoke has made some bad decisions in close games that cost us... hold on lemme get my goggles out so i can be in full support of everyone employed by the university. Smoke is a good coach... but does that mean I owe my undying devotion and unconditional support for all things that LSU coaches do ?

#1 - I couldn't coach baseball, Smoke is a million times better at it then me

#2 - that doesnt mean he doesnt make mistakes

#3 - I can bitch about it and still support the team

So all you fence jumpers that want to say you never had a doubt... go away, the sun is always shining for you guys... and every year we will eventually win a national championship...

5. LSUSPORTSFREAK

I would much rather be optimistic and have the sun shining in my life in general. Nobody likes 100% chance of thunderstorms with lightning and hail every day, that's for sure. :thumb:

6. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

I am optimistic... but judgemental... that is my curse.

7. LSUSPORTSFREAK

At least you admit it. The "other board" is littered with imbeciles who never will own up to things like you did. Kudos. :D

8. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Not a fair weather fan.

Now that the sun is out, the Gamecock storm blew over, I'm glad to see your sprouting LSU colors. "Told you so" keeps the bandwagoners in line. When the heat is on, the flowers wilt, right... When this team makes it's third straight trip to the CWS, remember it is recruiting, coaching, and staying the course for the entire run.

The sun always shining? Get real, LSU is one of the FIVE premier baseball programs in the entire country. When you're an elite program this is exactly how the script plays out. Do you honest believe Texas fans are ready dump Augie because they lost to Kansas last night? So LSU loses a few midweek games, LSU is playing the best ball in the SEC right now and there is still room for improvement. Geeze, when the bottom part of the order starts to hit, the pitching rounds into shape completely, it's gonna be ugly.

9. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

What other board? There are other boards out in internet land that discuss LSU?

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

For the most part all baseball seasons are a series of ups and downs, fans should never get to high or to low, just like the team shouldn't. This was one win, we still need to play 2 more games this weekend and finish out the regular season. Looks very good right now with what we have done in our last 11 games, but let's let the season play out.

The biggest problem I have had with the bashers and doomsayers is how impatient they are. We all should be excited right now, but let's stay on an even keel. Smoke's patience and confidence in his players is why this team has turned around I think, it gives his players confidence and keeps from making rash decisions, like taking Lane out of the rotation. Let's all stay patient like him.