APB for Smoke Naysayers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mcmikel, May 7, 2005.

1. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

Yeah, they were red hot against Southern :dis: :dis:

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Everyone needs to remember that there WERE a few years--under Skip--where our record wasn't the best, and we had some "lulls" in the season, and doubters started surfacing, only to find out that our baseball Tigers understand and believe in the concept, "it's not where you start--it's where you finish".

Even some of Skip's CWS teams rolled into the post-season only to THEN turn it up and steam-roll through the regionals and Super Regionals.

If there's one thing that Skip liked doing as coach, it was playing the toughest competition available. After all, even if you lose 15-20 games, yet play 20 games vs top 25, you become very "battled tested", and that gives you an edge come postseason.

Now that Skip is AD, he's taken that same philosophy, and handed it down to Smoke.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Just keep throwing that midweek game up there, we'll look at the 9-2 SEC Record instead.

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

:hihi: Haha, so very true...

5. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

midweek games f up our power rankings which screws up our chances for a super regional

6. clair

clair Rockets

That is a great Post:

These clowns need to realize that you dont have to like EVERYTHING about a team to cheer for them!

I hope Smoke goes on a 100 game win streak, but that still don't mean he is a perfect manager! :)

GREAT post

7. gzilla

gzilla Founding Member

I'll say what I said back then...Smoke deserved a lot of the criticism that he received a few weeks ago. To his credit, he turned the season around and this team is fighting hard. For that, he deserves some praise.

There are some on this board who are unable to allow any criticism, even when it's justified (SabanFan, etc.) They have some warped vision that a "true" LSU fan would never express a negative opinion about a team or coach's performance.

Having said that, I don't expect this team to make a major impact in the postseason. I think we'll be a borderline SR team. It will be a major feat if we make our way to Omaha. There were years in the past when we weren't in first place that I wasn't worried about the team because I thought we had a chance to beat anyone we played on any night. I don't get that feeling this year. We've got way too many holes in the lineup and defensively we are average.

But, I'll be rooting for this team every game...hoping that they prove me wrong. Perhaps Gill will eventually be able to play in the field and Will Harris or someone else will heat up behind the plate.

8. swoop

swoop Founding Member

borderline SR team? No way. We may have some holes at the bottom of the line up, but we are pretty stacked in the middle. We are fine defensively and our pitching is pretty deep (when lane is on). We are a shoe in for a SR, after that, who knows, if we are hot we could go all the way.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Don't put words in my mouth. Even if I had the power I wouldn't tell anyone they couldn't criticize. What pisses the crybabies off is when I point out that their criticism is meaningless because they are not qualified to criticize. Keep yapping after every mishap and I'll keep shoving it up your a$$.

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Really?

Based in what?

Do tell.....