Apology to Jarrett Lee

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Nov 15, 2009.

1. roynav

roynav free your mind

Jarrett,

I apologize on behalf of Tiger fans embarrassed and ashamed of the booing last night. I do not believe these "fans" are representative of the majority of LSU fans. Congratulations on persevering through the booing and delivering yet another win for LSU. Your efforts last year as a freshman in very difficult circumstances are much appreciated by true LSU fans. Hang in there and remember for every IDIOT booing you there are many more pulling for your success.

--A Tiger fan.LSU!

4 people like this.
  2. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

completely agree

3. downtown

downtown Founding Member

I apologize to Lee on behalf of the coaches for calling 6 straight pass plays in a very close game when he was struggling mightily. I apologize on their behalf for inspiring boos when they could have run the ball and basically avoided the issue.

I don't like to hear boos either, but I can guarantee you that 95% of those people booing cheer just as hard for Lee's success. Passionate fans have two sides unfortunately.

I personally think that the more peope talk about the boos (yeah...I know I'm talking about it here again, but let me get the point across), the more significant they seem. It's hard to forget about them when people keep bringing them up. I believe it happens everywhere. We're all human and idiots at times. It doesn't mean we don't want that person to be a success or anything (although there are always a couple of total nuts out there).

Well, no matter what Lee does or doesn't do, I'm very thankful for that Auburn win last year because we hadn't won there in years and that was a great win (regardless of how AU turned out). He got us the W in that one. Even ole Saban didn't beat them there.

1 person likes this.
  4. Cordelia

Cordelia Founding Member

I agree, too.

5. tuckerman

tuckerman Veteran Member

6. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I apologize to Jarrett Lee for LSU having recruited him, as he is obviously no more than FCS-level talent at QB. There's no way he should be forced to go out there an embarass himself that often.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Uncalled for personal attacks on a kid trying his best for LSU is cowardly of you.

8. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

You really think he's trying his best?

He looked like he hadn't even picked up the playbook this year. He threw the ball where no one was running a route at least 5 times.

He packed it in when he lost the starting job. At least between the bonehead decisions he could move the ball at times last year. It looked like he just joined the team last week.

1 person likes this.
  9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

such as........

i have been critical of lee's performance but there is no need for booing, and certainly no need for the post insulting him!

10. tuckerman

tuckerman Veteran Member

2007 Grad? Punk IMHO