Apology to Jarrett Lee

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Nov 15, 2009.

1. skippy737

skippy737 Founding Member

poor lee-- he looked worse than last year--- i mean he is just an injury away from being the starter-- he needs to be more prepared- he looked pretty bad

And to the coaches- when your qb looks bad and you have a crapload of pepole who can run the ball--- RUN THE FREAKING BALL

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

yeah i am sure he is just clubbing all night, and being a celeb on the LSU campus. Poor kid probably can't go anywhere without fearing he is going to be verbally attacked by dumb ass fans. Lee was a sacrificial lamb, and while he didn't play well at all, its not all his fault.

3. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I'll agree with that. As few favors as he did for himself, the coaches probably did even less for him.

Why the hell did we run zone read plays with Lee? Do we really think the defense ever expected Lee to tote the ball, and if they even expected it, were they supposed to be worried by it?

4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

this.

i don't say this in an insulting way but i think it would be good for jarrett to transfer. i think it would do him some good. his teammates don't seem to rally behind him and the fans have done all but burn him in effigy.

whatever he decides, i wish him the best.

1 person likes this.
  5. LSUtiger327

i would think it's the run/pass option run meaning the back not the QB. the play usually has three options qb run, hb run, pa pass, but you pretty much take the QB run out of the equation when lee is in.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It would be bad for LSU. We are already shallow at QB, Losing Lee would make us subject to having nobody when Jefferson goes down. We simply don't have a quarterback to replace Lee with and there is not one coming on board that will do so either. Better for LSU that he stays and improves, just like Jefferson needs to. They are all we've got for awhile.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

As much as I disagree with the booing of JL, I'm not sure that it wasn't representative of the majority of LSU fans. The way it sounded on the TV it was a rather loud booing.:dis:

1 person likes this.
  8. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

That was uncalled for. I could never bring myself to boo my own team no matter how dissapointed I might get.

2 people like this.
  9. TigerLap

TigerLap Freshman

I for one don't think you should ever boo your own team. Much less a bunch of kids (and yes, they are still kids) trying to play to their best.

Maybe I am giving to much credit to the fans, but I saw it more as a Boo'ing of Les Miles' decision to put him back in. He was clearly struggling and to have put him in that position was wrong.

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUtiger327

i was talking about after this season (you may have been too) but LSU will have garrett and shepard (i don't think #10 is a bad option at #3 by next year).

i just think the poor kid (lee) is broken beyond repair for this program. a fresh start is what he needs and a smaller pond wouldn't kill him. not saying he's joe flacco waiting to happen or anything but still.

last year lee shot himself in the foot many times but he also made some plays to go along with that. this year (albeit in limited action) he actually looks worse and looks incapable of making plays.

yes the depth would suck but i think it would be the best move for him.