Apology to Jarrett Lee

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Nov 15, 2009.

1. hydrasports205

hydrasports205 Founding Member

I was at the game, the booing was pretty bad, but kind of understandable....the defense looked terrible and so did the passing game...mostly the qb against what should be a completely inferior team. It was almost Troy all over again.

Lee looked TERRIBLE....TERRIBLE....of course the play calling didn't help that. I haven't seen the replay, but there were so many times there were recievers wide open and he's trying to force the ball into coverage or throwing it away it was ridiculous. He fell right back into the old habit of watching one reciever from the time the ball was snapped and almost threw a couple more pick 6's. That said I feel really bad for Lee. I think the guy's confidence has been completely destroyed and the coaches have done nothing to rebuild it and havent made an effort to coach him or develop him any further. I think in the right situation he could probably do really well, but IMO he should go somewhere else - for his own sanity.

One more thing....I've met JLee and his parents and they're good people....I would love to see the kid snap out of this and reach his potential. And just to be clear a lot of the booing was directed at the coaches - at least I felt like it was and that IMO was justified, however, I don't like anyone booing individual players no matter how bad they do.

2. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

And you know this how?

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I never really thought about how Jarrett Lee's parents felt.

My youngest daughter, who never played any organized sports before, is now on her high school basketball team...and if she gets in a game and doesn't play well and the fans boo her...I'd want to just die from feeling terrible about it...and then lay out the first obnoxious fan I see booing.

I wouldn't want to be sitting next to Crip (or aunt Okie) and be booing one of his beautiful girls in a game.:rofl:.

I promise the next time I hear someone booing one of the kids at an LSU game, I'm going to remind them that that kids parents are at the game.

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

My only thought counter to this is that, next year, Chris Garrett will get a chance to compete. We'll have to see what he's made of, but that kid has been impressive in every single frame of film that I've watched him play or practice. Lee practices well, too. So we'll have to see. But I'm really anxious to see if Garrett might not be the real backup to JJ next year.

5. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Suppose they say, "We are his parents!" Haha...kidding.

Yeah, we get carried away with this sports stuff from time to time. It's all pretty ridiculous when you think about it. You know, how we at times tie our happiness/depression/anger to this stuff...guys running with a ball around on the field. Basically, the human race is insane and we all need therapy.

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

That would be MY parents !!!. I can see my dad yelling "get a job you bum!!"..."and clean your room for once." :lol:

7. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

While I've been critical of Lee, I don't think booing him in Tiger Stadium is exactly fair. On the other hand, Lee could have shut them all up a few times by tucking it in and running when every player was covered, or throwing the ball in something better resembling a spiral. If he had thrown 300+ yards and three touchdowns, the Lee bashing would be over, and the demands to bench Jefferson would be in full force. However, this did not happen. Lee has a lot of potential, but, IMO, he just wants to be a drop three and pass pocket QB, which can only happen if you're willing to get hit and your OL can hold the D back for a good 4-6 seconds:tigereye:

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Funny how the guy we haven't seen play at this level is always The Next Great Quarterback. :yelwink2:

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Hey, they're ALL The Next Great Quarterback, right? Eventually, we will get one right. :yelwink2:

10. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Well, I believe I made that qualification in my post. But I'll agree with you again! We'll have to wait and see.