Apparently Chris Tolliver really enjoyed his Bama visit

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bayoubengal08, Dec 9, 2007.

1. bayoubengal08

bayoubengal08 Founding Member

He's sky high on Bama, and will be visiting LSU next before making a decision soon this month between LSU/Bama.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

typical drivel from recruits

he'll be even higher after visiting LSU

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Just to give you a little more ammo for talking about recruits and the "drivel," I'm sure you'll love the fact he was hosted by Luther Davis. :thumb: He spent the weekend with Chris Jackson and Star Jackson as well.

Coming out of this weekend, he basically said he was seriously considering Alabama, but you know recruiting.

I understand his HS coach said he was within "striking distance" of being eligible, but not there yet. Of course, this time of the season, a lot of recruits fall into that category.

In a nutshell he told Saban he was visiting LSU this weekend and would decide in the next couple of weeks. I expect we'll know this month.

5. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

How's ole Luther doing??

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

He played in 6 games this year. Took some snaps at the DT/NG spot but most of them were at the DE position. He showed physical improvement as the season progressed, but didn't really move up the depth chart much mainly because Wallace Gilberry was as close to an every-down player as one could get.

With Gilberry graduating, he'll see more PT next season, but he's going to be in some battles for PT considering some of the talent he's going to be facing. This off-season is going to be critical for him, conditioning wise. I'm thinking 15-20 something snaps per game next year...maybe a few more depending on the opponent.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Tolliver is very high on Bama & has said they are his favorite for several weeks now.

Saban is apparently putting on the full court press.

However, his coach is a strong believer that there's no reason to leave the state when you get an offer from LSU & as the process comes to an end he'll probably point Tolliver towards LSU.

It's still Tolliver's decision to make, but I think he ends up at LSU.

8. LSUTiga

Me too but it's just a gut feeling I have. I get the impression he's like the girlfriend not getting attn. so she goes out on a date with the best friend to make the boyfriend wake up, though I don't think losing him would be so bad- especially if we happened to get a LB or Olineman in his spot.

I can see Luther now, telling him, "Man, all I did was just come for a visit like you're doing but they cut me loose". :hihi:

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

How you determine "full court press" is something I don't know. So, I'm not making this statement to you in particular, just using your statement as a basis for this comment.

During the in-home visit several days ago Tolliver said that while Alabama was his favorite at the moment, he'd make his decision after his visit on the 14th to LSU.

In his interview last night this is what he had to say about meeting with Saban Sunday morning.

Personally, I don't see that as a full court press.

He'd be a great addition to this class. No doubt. But, if he ends up signing with LSU? Good for him!! Seems like a great kid!

On a separate note, the guy his parents spoke with Saturday in the Engineering department said they were very impressed with what they saw. "Bug-eyed" was the term he used. I always enjoy hearing about the dreams kids have when they visit different schools. This one, as example, where you have Chris needing to do some work in the classroom to be eligible but has his goals set in Engineering. Gotta love that confidence!

10. LSUTiga

Let's just say he's getting a lot of attn. from the head coach. :wink:

Saban, himself, has been spending a lot of time with CT- the in-home last week, one-on-one time mentioned here, and I see the lil pressure in his statement above. I'd guess it's safe to assume pulling a kid from La. who's in the top 100 would be a nice feather in Saban's hat and have some special meaning to him, in addition to all else being equal.

I was wondering if the Bama jersey they let him (And other recruits) wear to run out of the tunnel was in compliance with the NCAA recruiting reg's. If it didn't have their names on them, it wasn't- and I really don't know if they did have the recruits' names on them or not.