April 16th - Spring Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Feb 18, 2005.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

If this has been posted already, I'll delete it. Les Miles confirmed the date on Buddy Songy's radio show earlier. They are waiting to replace the turf until next off-season.

2. Carface

Carface What the...?

The one day I don't get to listen and I miss the interview with the coach?

Grumble.

Anywho, this is certainly good news.

3. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Excellant!! Just checked my shift schedule and it is on my days off. See ya'll there. :thumb:

4. Bengaleze

Bengaleze Founding Member

I think they need to replace the turf pronto. It has looked to worst to me the last 2 years. For an A&M college, shouldn't we be able to grow some grass in south Louisiana? I think the turf should be done asap, and I'm not against a spring game, but our field/turf hasn't been the best lately.

5. clair

clair Rockets

It wasn't as bad as it looked!

It takes a LONG tiem for bad grass to heal, and the 1st game ofthe year, the field took a beating, setting the tone for the whole year

6. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

Remember opening day the last two years?

7. philter

philter Founding Member

I'd rather not have a spring game and replace the turf. If they decided to wait on the turf for other reasons, then so be it...but I doubt (and hope they didn't) they'd postpone it because of wanting to give the fans a spring game. That would be completely foolish.

8. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I went on the field last spring for "spring testing"... It was incredibly green and thick. One game can change all of that...

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

They've been planning on replacing the turf for some time now but from what I've heard they have run into some problems doing it this spring. I don't think the spring game had anything to do with it.

10. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Its more than replacing the turf. They will be upgrading underground drainage and the base under the turf. Its more than a peel off the old / roll in the new replacement.

New drainage will lessen the damage from playing in the S. LA monsoons (e.g., what we played in opening game). Won't eliminate the damage, but will help significantly reduce damage from standing water and play in those areas.