Archie

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by col reb, Apr 25, 2004.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I know some of you think we WORSHIP the Manning family. We respect them much. They weren't always rich and privileged. Archie was a tall skinny kid who loved sports. OM almost did not take him. But they took a chance. He grew up poor. His dad left him word somehow or another to be at home at a certain time. I think this was on a Sunday morning and the dad knew his wife would be in church. Anyway, when Archie came home, he found out that his father had committed suicide. Archie had to notify the proper authorities and get the room cleaned up before his mom got home. Could you clean up after a shooting? And if it was your parent!!! How would you like to tell your mom that your dad had killed himself? And then TRY to make the OM team. Remember---this was back when we (OM) beat you just as often if not more so than you beat us. YEAH SABANFAN I love that family.

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

The Mannings don't bother me colreb, but no need to start a whole new thread about it. Why did'nt you just add a response to the other one? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

3. alaman

alaman Founding Member

The whole Manning clan sucks. Take it to the Weeble board.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I like the Mannings.Unlike some people, whether a person likes LSU or not isn't a factor in me liking someone....

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I like the Mannings and wish them well, I can't wait to see Eli and Peyton on the opposite side of the field.
    I'm a football fan, college and NFL!

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

No problems with the Manning family........ Problems with the MEDIA that glorifies the Mannings...

Get Eli off my tv screen during this Knicks/nets playoff game, for instance... He's in the crowd and of course it is trendy for the media to keep cutting to Eli.

Here's some more of it as I type... "Eli Manning was even grinning after that pass!"

7. alaman

alaman Founding Member

Peyton is a flasher and is being sued for it. Did you see that spoiled brat Eli fighting tears when drafted by San Diego and refusing to put a Chargers' hat on. Archie and Olivia, for the 1st time, did not get what they wanted and couldn't talk. Any LSU fan that likes the Mannings do not realize they hate LSU is spite of their claims to the contrary. This latter from someone who knows them well.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I don't dislike Archie and think that Payton is one hell of a good player and seems to be an equally good person. However Eli is a punk and what he did in the draft is an absolute disgrace! How many thousands of players have gone through the draft and this punk that has never won anything thinks he is better than all of those that came before him and should not have to play by the same rules? As great a player as Elway was I never forgot his similar stunt, I was never an Elway fan and always pulled against him much as I will with Eli. I have never been a fan of those in power or with privilage that think that the rules that apply to everyone else do not apply to them. Eli is a punk and may he never win an NFL game in his career. :geaux: :lsug: :champs:

9. tigerbait28

tigerbait28 Founding Member

i like the manning family archie is a nice guy and peyton is one hell of a guy but i really have nothing all that great to say about eli and it is not really from what he was done in the past few years or the fact that he played for ole miss

10. alaman

alaman Founding Member

Can't believe Tiger fans protect Tiger haters.