Are children born bad or good?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CParso, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Perhaps if "homosexuality" is in fact a gentic thing, then maybe it is a dormant gene that each of us carry. But it takes some outside force or trauma to "wake it up"

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I've seen kids as young as 4 that it was quite obvious they would turn out gay... I haven't kept up stats on this or anything, but the kid i'm thinking of in particular was flaming. I'd be shocked if he didn't end up being gay.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

it wouldnt necessarily need an outside force, any more than brown eyed parents having a blue eyed kid, which obviously happens all the time.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

when i was a lkid i used to be sort of skeptical about gays and genetics. i was stupid. i didnt really think about it. i just figured being gay was so disgusting that people must have been kidding around and being jackasses for the sake of being idiots. man, i was a dumbass. two kids i knew whan i was really young turned out ot be gay, and it was clear to anyone with a brain that they were as gay as anything from the start. and they both had perfectly normal parents. one was on my baseball team, the other was a classmate and friend since fifth grade. the first jewish person i knew, in fact.

they both were interesting kids. one committed suicide, the other graduated from NYU and is a doctor now.

also i used to always hear rumors that various people, acquaintances and such, were gay, and i never believed it. but man, it turned out pretty much anyone we even slightly thought was gay actually turned out to be gay eventually.

5. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Yes, I do understand. No, a gay person will not have kids, at least not without being bisexual or being involved in adoption or surrogacy. Inheriting a specific trait from a parent is different from possessing a repressed gene. What I was saying is that a person in a homosexual relationship won't be passing on this trait directly to a product of this relationship. In other words, it was a joke.

Laying aside any religious and moral points, it's obvious to me that a gay person is not biologically normal, something went wrong somewhere. They may indeed be emotionally normal and are simply sexually deviant.

I really don't have a problem with two consenting adults doing as they wish in private, I have a problem with altering definitions of marriage or the family unit for people who desire these changes due to an unfortunate genetic alteration or biological issue.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Haven't scientists found another species that exhibits homosexuality? I don't know for sure, but somebody told me that once.

If that's true, that almost assures me that it is biological, because animals lack the intelligence to chose such a life style - they operate on natural instinct.

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

http://www.narth.com/docs/animalmyth.html

8. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Apparently not:

9. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I don't know the answer to this question but if it helps I robbed the local 7-11 when I was three. Got a pack of cigs and a slurpee. :shock: :grin: