Are the Glory Days over?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Feb 15, 2010.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

yes, the glory days are over for a while. lsu's run game when bama and uf were relatively down. lsu will still be good and competitive, but unlikely to get into 4 SEC championship games this next decade. this changes if one of the three rivals (bama, auburn or uf) go down.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

My personal opinion, and this came with some thought, is that i need just back off, and let what happens happen, and it will all work itself out. The last 2 seasons have been really frustrating, not with the wins and losses, but with the way this team performed, especially against Florida, and Ole Miss. The 2 bama losses i can live with because for whatever reason, this team plays its heart out against them.

As far as teams who have been better than LSU the past couple of years, there are a bunch, and i can definitely name 10. Can i name 10 teams that have had a better last decade than LSU, well no i cant. But the past is just that, the past. Now we may start off in the top 10 but where do we finish.
    Is 2010 the year that we beat Florida, and Ole Miss, and Alabama, because we haven't in 2 seasons, and beating Arkansas, and Auburn, and La Tech, and ULL, and Mississippi State is fine and dandy, but that is supposed to happen. Even though Arkansas and Auburn are getting better.

Guess only time will tell.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I can't get into this mentality to save my life.

And I simply don't get it to be honest.

Arguably the best recruiting classes in the nation the last 5 years since he Miles has been here and we are ok with a "competitive" team?

If he weren't recruiting at a high level, then yes you take what you can get with the results (ala someone like a Virginia Tech would be a perfect example of this). Vtech fans can't expect a national championship out of those recruiting classes. They are probably very content that the head coach does a great job of being really competitive on the field. I know I would be.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I agree

me too!

5. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

This.
    :geauxtige

6. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Yes, the sky is falling. I need help finding a cave.

7. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Early 90's.

8. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

This is basically what I keep coming back to when I start to question our program. There are very, very few programs if any that I would trade places with. Fans are either too hot or too cold at all times.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

recruiting is part of coaching. you seem to separate the two. would it really make you feel better if lsu had another coach that was better at everything except recruiting than clm but the results were the same?

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Sadly, it is mostly LSU fans that think we are only going backwards. Being in the military and currently living in Nevada, I am friends with and talk to a variety of CFB fans. None of which see LSU as a bad program or going to some bottomless pit. One of my closet fans is a USC guy. He and others look at LSU and what they have done in the past 10 years and are jealous. These are serious football fans and it is a nice perspective to see what it is like from the outside looking in rather than us fans who are in looking even further in.

What Saban and Miles have done for LSU is bring us to a Multi Million dollar table (as far as paying coaches). A table on those few lucky schools sit at. For the past 10 years, LSU has produced entirely too much success and money to EVER go back to just another football team. The fact that LSU has had 2 down years is NOTHING NEW in CFB. EVERY teams experience this. Even if Miles cannot bring us back to the SEC champ game, the money will be there for that 1 coach who can.

To bring in the money that LSU does and not win a SEC champ game 1 of every 4-5 years is a complete failure (not on the coaches) but in the schools AD.

LSU is here to stay in the SEC and to get to the SEC champ, ALL MUST PASS US!

:LSU231: