Are the Smoke Bashers hibernating?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Apr 25, 2005.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you're making me change my position on 3rd trimester abortions.

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

You and I both know that in the past, I've really questioned Smoke's ability and Skip's decision to hire him. I closely read your responses to my concerns (most of this posting and reading happened last season) and realized that I did NOT want to jump to a negative conclusion about Smoke too quickly. Finally, I realized that my misgivings were not based on solid evidence. I admit that all I had was a "hunch." Hunches are nothing to base a solid opinion on!

I have to trust in Skip and let Skip run the LSU athletic program. It's true that I did not embrace Smoke from the beginning, but I realize that my hunch might have been flat wrong.

It took me a while to realize that my opinion was really just a hunch, and that I should not close my mind and stop evaluating, just because I have a hunch.

Whether you meant to or not, SF, you helped me clarify my thinking about this issue. That said, my official position is: "I just don't know for sure, so I've got to trust in Skip's judgment."

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'm with ya on that one!!! What a stupid pisser.

And those fans are even worse than the guys that just bash the coach.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5. OkieTigerTK

Ace, what???
    :rofl:

Try "pitcher".

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you're gonna let this word slide?

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

In what way must they "prove themselves?" You think that they're put on this planet just for your satisfaction? Do you think that the baseball team is NOT trying to win? You're arguing about giving applause to one of the most selfless LSU players of all time just because he's been having a few rough starts? Come on, I've heard everything now. :cry: I may have put Smoke down a few times this season, yet it isn't my call as to whether or not he's doing a good job. I'm not paid megabucks by LSU to coach the team. My wants and needs are not part of the factor of LSU getting back to Omaha. You think the players actually care what you or I think? Not to point anyone out, but these Smoke bashers are a dime a dozen, just like the guys who bashed Brady, and who will bash CLM because he won't win a NC in his first season (I'm not saying he won't, or that we don't have the talent, but odds are against him winning one.) With having said that, I think this is LSU's year. If CSF can do it, we sure as hell can. We have the talent, and I think we're getting very confident in what we can do at the plate. Chris Jackson is probably one of the greatest things that has happened to this team thus far this season.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Batdork just made every other poster on this board look a lot smarter.

9. OkieTigerTK

Geez, how did I miss that? *rolls eyes*

10. batman2

batman2 Founding Member

I knew I would get yall fired up. My point exactly. I say a few bad things about the team and everyone gets all offensive. Sticking up for the "Team of the 90's". Wow. You people really trip me out. Don't worry I think Brady should have been fired too.