Are the Smoke Bashers hibernating?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Apr 25, 2005.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

well here's some evidence to support what I once thought.

LSU's 3 prior baseball teams have had the best fielding percentage of any in its history.

2. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

i hate to be the true voice of reason here....

but this thread sucks.

someone please delete it!

3. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I didn't ask you what you thought about my statement.

Just friendly advice: get off your high horse. You are neither righteous or a voice of reason. In fact, your gross generalizations are unreasonable.

I agree with mesquite. Mods please delete this garbage thread.

4. mesquite tiger

as a mod, I concur

5. mesquite tiger

but I just can't pull the trigger...no more life force....spock :shock:

6. BB

BB Founding Member

My only question: Why is the Smoke "bashing" always discussed with winning and losing in mind while any and all Brady "bashing" seems to be devoid of such a bottom line? Does Smoke have some kind of immunity that Brady doesn't? People hammer Brady into the ground regrdless of wins and losses...

Why is fan analysis of Smoke based on team performance while analysis of Brady is based on nothing more than personal opinion? I can't understand this disparity.

Smoke inherited one of the most dominant programs in modern college athletics. Smoke was given a career opportunity that almost any other coach in America would have given an arm for.

Brady inherited a complete zoo - he walked into the Hiroshima of basketball programs and he took a position that very few coaches would have been able to stomach.

Both coaches have recruited top talent. Both coaches have been to the post season and failed to meet (fan) expectations. Can anyone explain the difference in how these coaches are treated around here? Being critical of Smoke is offlimits but hating Brady for any reason under the sun is acceptable?

Please, make me understand....

7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I'll take a shot at it.

First, this thread is not garbage and should not be deleted.

Second, we should try to remember to be civil towards each other.

Third, the best way to ensure a "bash" or a criticism against Smoke or Brady is not justifiably attacked is to back up your criticism with some evidence. For example, if you want to bash Smoke by saying, "Smoke must go. His teams suck at baseball fundamentals, plus Smoke is always asleep after the 5th Inning", then you should back it up with some facts, evidence or statistics. Let's see pictures of Smoke sleeping in the dugout. Let's see stats that show that our fielding is worse than ever, etc.

Somebody just recently posted a very good stat indicating that LSU's fielding percentage has been better in the last three seasons than it has been for a very long time. You'd have to say that this stat indicates that Smoke knows how to coach fielding and defense, wouldn't you?

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

That post contributes nothing to the forum. One of the mods should delete that junk!

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: Well, before some of you pat yourselves on the back too much.....

YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!! - Jack Nicholson

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Re: Well, before some of you pat yourselves on the back too much.....

Congratulations on your 8,000th post!

Are you sure that a Jack Nicholson quote is good enough to be your 8,000th post? Perhaps you could edit it and add something else . . . maybe you could tell us about the time you saw Pete Maravich or Bert Jones play for LSU. I don't remember seeing either of those guys play for LSU, and I'm sorry I missed that.