Are the Smoke Bashers hibernating?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Apr 25, 2005.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: Well, before some of you pat yourselves on the back too much.....

I was in the service during the Maravich years. I saw Charles Alexander. How's that?

2. gzilla

gzilla Founding Member

I posted one main theme...Smoke deserved criticism. The team was made for offense and at the time, the team was batting about .240. I was irritated that you and CajDav1 were incapable of giving a fair assessment of the situation.

Instead, you attacked the fans that gave valid opinions. Sure some were out of hand, but many were giving valid concerns about Smoke and the team. It was obvious that the team and coach deserved criticism. Hell, even Smoke talked about getting a sports psychologist to help the team sort out the problems.

Since then, Laval has made a couple of a nice adjustments. Chris Jackson was a nice move. I don't agree with all of his decisions. For example, I still don't like to see Sprowl and Hebert in the game at the same time. When we have that lineup, I think the bottom of the lineup is just too weak. And, I'm still not pleased with the makeup of this team...too many power hitters and not enough pure hitters. All of this is opinion and I would expect that others would disagree with some or all of that.

Saban Fan, you are the homer of all homers. You can't give an honest opinion to save your life. To me, that's pathetic. I guarantee you that I'm a bigger LSU fan and attend more sporting events than you do. Yet, I'm able to call a spade a spade.

And, I'm sure you don't care but I'll say this anyway. You are #2 on the most irritating TigerForums poster list as far as I'm concerned. Your archnemesis is #1. Yes, it's that bad. Think about the company that you are in. Perhaps a little less arrogance would go a long way.

3. gzilla

gzilla Founding Member

By the way, congrats to the team and Smoke for keeping it together so that they could go on this run. I think this team was a loss or two from being in major trouble before turning it around. I DO think Smoke deserves credit for being able to keep this team believing during the adversity.

4. batman2

batman2 Founding Member

thanks gdzilla...finally someone understands what I was trying to point out earlier. the homers like you said jumped my case though.:geauxtige

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

gzilla, I will have to say I never attacked anyone because of their opinions, maybe disagreed with their opinions. And I've disagreed with many of Smoke's decisions, just don't think he should lambasted for them and have his head called for. Every manager/head coach has to make decisions that are very easy to second guess looking in a rear view mirror. But I'll have to say that Smoke has to build the team around the talent he has. He can't take this group of players and turn them into the Cardinals under Whitey Herzog.

And I'll also wait to after a season is completed before rendering an opinion on how good of a job the coach did. That's why they play a lot of games, especially in baseball and basketball.

6. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

And I really dont care if your tired of me bitching.

7. SabanFan

I don't know how many times I have to point out the obvious, but I did not bash the negativitees (my word, so I can use it if I want to). I merely pointed out my observation that they don't come around when things are going well. It's a fact. Look it up. I do not question whether they are LSU fans. I do conclude that they post only negative posts. That's all. And if I am irritating to some, fine. The more I pull your chains, the more you squeal like little piggies. So I keep pulling. I'm having fun.

8. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Well, that's simply not true. The latest RPI, which is one of the components the NCAA selection committee looks at, has LSU at #9 this week. We were #18 before the Arkansas sweep. We are playing much better and back in the hunt for a top 8 seed.

I grant you that it didn't look good a month ago, but LSU Baseball has always been measured by what they do in May and June, not in March and April. We seem to go through this almost every year with some fans who simply don't understand this fact.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Do you have a link to that info? I would like to see the list.

10. SabanFan

Ummm...that would be you're .