Are the wheels starting to shake under the Gumps feet

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LEGACY TIGER, Feb 4, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

It looks like Auburn is going to start to rival Bama in the recruiting wars. If this trend continues Bama will not be able to win the domination of the top talent in Bama battle. With Auburn starting to make a push for some of this top talent that Tubby was starting to let get away, it could indicate a return by Auburn to the upper crust of the SECw, becoming a factor in the battle for the top. If this is the possible case then Bama's past 2 yrs of domination and hopes to continue to dominate the SECw could be coming to an end. With LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, Ark, and Bama all having good solid coaching staffs, and good solid recruiting classes the SECw is only going to get harder to win. Bama I hope that you enjoyed your run, you are about to start seeing just how hard it is to stay on top.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't think i have ever been more happy to see Auburn get a top 5 recruiting class. It was good to see Dooley get a top 10 class also because the UThugs play the Menstrual Cycles every year.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I think they will be fine. The bad news is Auburn is getting strong again, Tennessee is getting strong and Arkansas as well.
    So it will be MUCH tougher for US and everyone else in our league.
    So the odds of a National Champion coming out of the SEC is going to be harder and harder for the next several years as these teams are going to just beat on each other for awhile.

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Bama isn't going anywhere. Auburn may have a top five recruiting class but you know what, so does Bama.

5. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

ALL BARN is offering the greatest incentive possible, playing time. But I felt they would gather the troops this year and stick their foot back in the west door. I'm with you look out. Now can they play defense?

Bama finished in the top five, where are we going? Bama's recruiting has never been contingent on the tigers success even in the state. Bama is loaded at a lot of positions with very young players and still pulled in talented depth at all positions. The position of need was D-back and ended up with the number one class at the position.

Last I heard Arkansas was the 48th ranked class.It seems every year Auburn goes into their back yard and pulls their prize recruits, very surprising. Ole Miss, Nope not scary.

LSU still has got the horses, another great haul. The Hat can recruit come what may. If anyone besides the Tigers or the Tide represent the west this year it won't be because they have the most talent. Not even close.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

If anything, this is terrible for everyone in the SEC West, because nobody needs another SEC West team doing well in recruiting. Bama and Auburn rarely go head-to-head in recruiting battles - and even with Auburn's great class they still only went against Alabama for one or two players. Next year there will be three or four real battles - and that is the most you will ever see. Point is, Bama's roster isn't getting worse, Auburns is only getting better. Be careful what you wish for.

7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Aub is going to need a few more good classes to get back in the hunt. Their offense may be decent but their defense is still suspect and they are LOW on overall numbers. I think Aub has 5 of their 30+ signee's count back to last year. From what I hear, even if they bring in the full 25 in August and add the 5 back counters they STILL wont be at the 85 limit. Last year Aub played with a roster that looked more like it had lost 10 schollys to probation. Tubs last couple classes just fell apart with non-qualifiers.

The biggest advantage for us is that Aub will keep Saban a LOT busier working the Alabama recruits thus leaving him less time to spend in Louisiana. Anyone notice he didnt get a single LA recruit this year and wasnt really in the mix for any? I dont think thats a coincidence considering he has signed and/or been heavily in the mix for a player from Louisiana ever years he's been at Bama.

Aub getting better is a double edged sword but I dont look for them to get much better next year. Their cupboard is still bare. They may have loaded up nicely yesterday but its just the first step of many before they compete with us and the gumps talent wise.

8. DRC

DRC TigerNator

That is a relatively new phenomena. Up until 7 or 8 years ago, they historically went head to head on a lot of players. I look for that to increase again with strong recruiters at both schools.

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Maybe... Tons of players choose between the two schools, but most do it early to avoid pressure or because they are heavy AU/UA fans. Very few can take it to the end in this information age.

Unrelated - but you may have seen this guy on the news last year. He is just a sophomore from the area.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG8hX-91luA&feature=player_embedded#[/MEDIA]

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Has anyone heard anything about the gumps possibly moving Who?lio to Tight End?