Are the wheels starting to shake under the Gumps feet

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LEGACY TIGER, Feb 4, 2010.

1. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

True enough. As tradition goes Auburn pulls out of Georgia and Florida when not in the state. Bama has lived in the state of Mississippi and usually dominates our state. Saban loves Georgia recruits and that was one of the reasons he went to Atlanta to open the season, the last two years and it has payed off. It's now the breeding ground for Tennessee, and many in the SEC.

LSU is fertile soil. Some years your cup over flows. I believe the greater the haul the more you'll see your neighbors, especially this one.:hihi:

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

The whole purpose of my post is to point out that the battle for the top of the SECw is not going to be easy for anyone. With Auburn getting back in the mix, LSU being LSU, Ark and Ole Miss fighting every now and again, Bama's run of dominance will end. That the SECw will be a tough place to win and that to look for that top spot to rotate between a couple of teams instead of 1 team dominating.

3. TUSKtimes

I agree, and the third wheel feels like all barn, right now. But who was winning the west every year.? LSU and Bama has decided this thing between them these past two years and I'll be surprised even with an sec loss along the line if they still don't play for all the marbles in BR this year.

Beyond that no one can imagine in this conference. But your game on the plains this year is going to start feeling a lot like ours again.

Now, when you say teams rotating you don't mean very often, do you? :wink:

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The SEC should just secede from the BCS and create their own league and championship. Someone said it earlier but its going to turn out hurting us (SEC) in the national championship picture.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Thats a good question. I noticed Bama didnt sign a single player from Louisiana this year.
    Did Saban offer any Louisiana kids ?
    I dont really recall this year any recruiting battles between LSU and Bama. Like went on with Reed this year with Auburn and Richardson last year.
    Seems both schools kind of did their own thing, or am I mis-reading that ?

6. TUSKtimes

No one from LA.this year. You got two, Sam Gibson, listed as athlete, I've always liked out of Prattville. Not on our radar this year and Dexter Blackmon from Selma another good player but I'm not aware of much Bama interest or maybe got on the band wagon too late. I don't know if he signed.