Are these the current starters and open competitions?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, Feb 2, 2004.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Yes, I meant Shawn Jordan. The Reeves kid plays for another LSU team in another dimension ... but thats another story.

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

It'll be interesting to see what we do with Pittman. At 240 lbs, he's too light to be an every down DE. Do they bulk him up during the offseason? Do they leave him alone and ask him to play just on passing downs? Do they move him to LB?

Guess we will see this spring...

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Who knows, maybe Pittman could become that "drop linebacker" Lou Tepper was always looking for ? (Please note, tongue firmly embedded in cheek)

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

He weighed 238 when he was recruited by LSU and they don't update that on their web site I don't believe, how wonder if he already weighs more than that?

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Pittmans speed will make him the designated pass rusher at 240 pounds. That's OK by me. We need such a player. There will be bulky guys to put in for some run-stoppage at times, but a fast outside pass rusher is an essential starter.

6. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Re: great post

Can anyone else confirm this? I had no idea he was a problem? Also, if he is, Nick wouldnt' have anything of it. I think if he can handle some of the monstrous defensive and offensive stars and egos that he has been around, he wouldn't have a problem with a kicker...

7. JETigER

JETigER Founding Member

at lease tepper had joe wesley in position to win the florida game in 1998, unfortunately the players have to make plays.

i keep forgetting the cornerback in the 1998 alabama game that tepper had placed perfectly but the player didn't make the play

8. conradj

conradj Founding Member

NCAA Fotball 2004????
    I have a Reeves on my team too, if thats the case.

9. conradj

conradj Founding Member

I think there will be a rotation on the DLine next year, much like we saw Miami have a couple of years ago. We will be AT LEAST 2 deep at every position on the line. Keep 'em fresh. Some of these RSFR will be awesome, nobody talks much about them now because we havent seen them play yet, but I think we will hear a lot about them in the spring.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

We beat #1 Florida in 1997, before Tepper came to LSU. Carl Reese was still the DC at that time.

Tepper demolished our defense (and probably Dinardo's career) during the 1998 season.