Are we in a hole in regards to QB recruiting?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by HalloweenRun, Dec 29, 2014.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I agree @mobius481 . Excluding last season (because both QBs who played this year are still on roster and are not even NFL eligible yet), here is the complete list of LSU starting QB's under Les Miles, minimum 5 games started, and their post-LSU records:
    1. Jamarcus Russell - overall number one NFL draft pick, starter for multiple seasons, out of league due to his own laziness
    2. Matt Flynn - undrafted free agent, firmly established NFL backup QB
    3. Jordan Jefferson - no NFL background
    4. Jarrett Lee - invited to San Diego training camp as undrafted FA, did not make team
    5. Zack Mettenberger - drafted by Tennessee, promoted to starter as rookie, starting tenure cut short by injury.

Its not a stellar list, but it by no means constitutes a "drought".

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

No that was Sony's answer. My intention in that response had nothing to do with you.

Who said anything about the pros. We've had QB's that wouldn't start at many of "good programs" you're mentioning. Just no excuse for that.

3. LSUTiga

LMAO. REALLY? Man that's some funny shyt there. "NO NFL BACKGROUND;" "INVITED but did not make team;" "FIRMLY ESTABLISHED BACKUP....I could use that list to support the opposite of what you're trying to sell us.

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I'm just saying that we've had good qb's although last year, we did not. No one would argue with that. The point I was making is that we have had good qb's and we'll get one again.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. mctiger

So how many colleges can claim better over the last 10 years? Sure there are some, but are their that many? Bama? Off the top of my head, they've only had one start even one NFL game in that time. Face it, there only a handful of "QB U's" out there at best, but do they have LSU's win/loss record over that time?

LSUDad likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

Quit jumping all around. This is not even about getting NFL caliber qb's. It's about getting elite college qb's. Those are not interchangeable, necessarily.

7. mctiger

Another poster turned it to NFL by referring to Death Valley as the place where NFL dreams go to die. I addressed him; you chose to respond to me. And now you're choosing to try to trick me out of dropping my point instead of answering my challenges. I put it to you again....name some colleges - if there are any - that have both a better record of producing NFL QBs and have had LSU's level of team success over the last 10 years.

red55 likes this.
  8. LSUTiga

Take that last drive, for example. You know what hurt us? A fucking qb. See what I'm saying about what we're missing.
    This thread is about QB here...and coming, NOT the ones who've left so shove the NFL shit, it does not fit; nor does it make much sense in the scope of this discussion.

9. mctiger

Knew you couldn't answer my question. But to the thread title....are we in a hole regarding QB recruiting? Considering what Jennings, Rettig and Harris were ranked, I'd say no. So would rivals.com and 247sports, IMO.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

So if those guys don't suck as recruits coming into the program, why is QB production so horrible on the field in the game? Are they grossly overrated coming out of high school or does the problem begin after they get on campus?