ARE (WE) NOT ENTERTAINED?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gynojunkie, Oct 3, 2010.

1. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

College Football in the SEC: Oh yeah! Clash of the Titans, great spectacle, multi-million dollar events, enormous prestige to our Universitites, the purity of winners and losers in a great game of strength, dedication, selflessness and selfishness, strategy, time management (DUH!), personal sacrifice, etc. And football is there to excite us and help us to appreciate effort, dedication, epic struggles; to be witness to great--even inspired--strategy, and to chuckle and shake our collective heads when we see the boneheaded and the unprepared.

Whatever we thought of yesterday's match--and it will be thoroughly dissected today for the strange and ugly thing it was--I recall the words of Maximus in Gladiator: "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?"

Tear it up after the fact--absa-bubble-ootely, but enjoy the Ride, too! It's a great time to be alive, no?

GEAUX TIGERS--any way you can get there!

1 person likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

There is nothing entertaining about a sputtering offense. Yesterday, ok, it was nail biting, and the fam and I were jumping around in the living room, getting bit by the dog who couldn't understand why we were yelling and jumping around.

But, like I was telling a friend of mine, that can't be good for my health. The pins and needles every week. Since Miles has come here, on gameday alone I know with all the cigs i have smoked for nerves, and heart rate rising, I know that I have probably lost 10 years off the end of my life.

3. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

I know, I know, I was doing the same thing, but it's still entertainment--if you define it as something that raises your pulse & BP and gets all the lard-butts off the couches. No WAY we were sitting down in those last (excruciating) minutes!!!

I watch LSU much more closely than ever, now, because I can't predict who will snatch triumph out of the blue--and who will make the Bonehead Play of the Week.

If you smoke a lot of cigarettes now, lay in a good supply--the power side of the SEC approaches! :-l

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Appalled would be a more appropriate word to use in that question.

The answer would be yes.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

No, I was not entertained, at least not by the offense. Our defense is entertaining; even if they get beat, you have to acknowledge that the other team made a better play. Watching our offense is like watching someone get a body piercing. I'm not into self mutilation, and the end result is never pretty.