Are We Still Hungry After This Title?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geaux5000, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Geaux5000

Geaux5000 Founding Member

I have been wondering about this for awhile. One thing we don't want to do is to start getting complacent. But then I watch Around The Horn and everything is solved. I think this show should be required for everyone on the team. It really gets annoying after awhile but then I read The Sports Guy (page 2 on ESPN.com and a big time Pats fans) describe how he felt watching his team win title #2 and one passage really stuck out at me:

"Anyone can win one title. Few teams win two. Even fewer win three. And after awhile, everyone just has to shut the hell up."

So right now I am starting to HOPE that they keep doubting us, we need the fire that it provides.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Nick Saban will still be hungry and he will make damn sure that the team stays hungry too.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Come to think of it, I'm kinda hungry now....

Brb, gotta raid the frigde......

4. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

this team will want to repeat --- it is harder to repeat--another goal

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We will know for sure after we play our first 3 SEC road games!!!

6. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

It makes me hungrier to win it this year. All of us know and the players know that we can make it to Miami for the Orange Bowl this season. I can't wait to see how it goes.

7. LSUBlitz245

LSUBlitz245 Founding Member

Did anyone see on rivals that USC passed us up in recruiting?
    I haven't been checking up on it for a while but man. From when I looked, USC has at least 8 5 star players and we only 3. What the hell is that?

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Make no mistake about it, we'll be just as hungry next year as we were this season. Saban will assure that. He stayed on at LSU because he has a goal: To consistantly be a dominant national power. And he will not rest until that promise is delivered.

As I witnessed first hand, players, coaches and fans do not get complacent...and the 2nd title is equally as impressive and awe inspiring as the first.

When the Patriots first won the Super Bowl 2 years ago, I had only lived here for 5 months and got to experience an outpouring of human emotion (probably similar to what those of you that attended the Sugar Bowl witnessed). That feeling was equally present when that game-winning kick sailed through the uprights last Sunday. There was an estimated 1.5 million people that attended the Super Bowl parade through downtown Boston two years ago, and there was 1.5 million people there again this year.

...and the players and coaches all said the same thing: "One is nice, two is nicer....but I want 3." One even said he's got 8 more fingers to decorate.

We will be hungry enough. No doubt about it. Whether or not we can duplicate the success of this year, defend our title and repeat, which is always a VERY difficult task, is unknown. But we'll be pumped come September--just watch!:geaux:

9. LSUinPA

LSUinPA Founding Member

Yep. Very.