Are YOU going to watch the LeBron-A-Thon tonite?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Jul 8, 2010.

?

Will you watch LeBron-A-Thon tonight at 8pm CST?

Poll closed Jul 9, 2010.
  1. Yes

36.8%
  2. No

63.2%
  1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Agreed.

The NBA is the "all about ME" league. So for these 3 superstars to put $ and ego aside and come together to win championships is nice to see. You expect this from older veterens, but not the young guys.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

we will see how badly they want to win this year if they really do whats necessary to put the proper bench in place. i doubt it.

chris bosh has suddenly been labeled a superstar which i find funny. lebron going to miami to form the triumvirate tells me what i felt all along about him. he doesnt have to be the guy.

now he cant produce a legacy like a jordan and now even kobe is doing. being the guy. i mean the dude quit in game 5 and lost by 50 pts his last 2 home games combined.

so even if they win, it will be them not him. Not to mention Riley-- who will slink on down to assume the coaching duties im sure.

history will not reflect quite as well on lebron even if he acquires rings. because theres only one cold-blooded killer on that team. that dude who wears number 3. lebrons just happy he wont be paralyzed with the fear of having to take the last shot anymore. he can dish it out if he even touches it in the final minute.

a cowardice move and i expected nothing less. he would have been better off proving they could build a team around him in NY on the biggest stage. you know, being the centerpiece. now he can be d-wade's gasol-- just with less touch. what a fag.

1 person likes this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Bingo, I knew my friend would get it. This is pretty much spot on.

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Tirk's got it going on about LeBron. The guy just went from universal respect to polarizing douche bag overnight. He was ready to jump Tiger as the worlds most marketable athlete but the way this whole thing played out cost him. He'll grow up and learn because he's still young but he lost a huge amount of public support by $hitin on his home town and fans in prime time. Thats not how you leave town.

His team blew this one big time. It also says a lot about his lack of leadership. He should have had Wade going to Cleavland instead of joining "Wade Counties" team. What a coward.

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I will admit I was wrong, I thought he would prove he could handle the pressure of being the man. You took my thoughts exactly. I think it is a cowardice move as well in that he just couldn't handle the pressure of being labeled the next Jordan. Now he doesn't have to be. He can be the Lebron James, the man behind D Wade. I mean I do get it, and I applaud him for it being more about championships than about the money, but really is it. Should he win championships, which if the Heat aren't in the thing every other yr for the next 5 yrs this move will prove to be the biggest failure in the history of the NBA, his endorsements, which are already sky high, will grow even more. So, it is still really about the money he will get, even if it is residual monies.

I still believe his best move, if he didn't stay in Cleveland, would have been to go to Chicago, that is for his legacy and living up to the image the media has made of him. That move would have made him still have to be "The King" with Rose and Boozler being the 2 and 3 role players.He would have been in a great situation to win championships and be able to try to live up to the hype of being the next Jordan.

The pressure to be as great and produce as great as Jordan would have been enormous. A situation that I guess he just wasn't comfortable with. His decision to not try to be the next great one just proves to me that he really isn't the closer that he is supposed to be. Whether he wins championships or not in Miami, his decision has opened the door to only Kobe being talked about as the next great one. Playing in the number 2 spot, behind Wade, he will never be what he could have been.

7. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

What's a LeBron-A-Thon? Did I miss something? I have been watching the Tour de France. A real team sport where the athletes cheat all the time.

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

It was a new show on the Cartoon Network

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's not very often a person has a chance to compete for a championship in their home town. especially a championship starved town like Cleveland. I think it hurts his legacy that he couldn't get it done there. He had to go to a team where there are 2 other superstars to get one, and even that isn't a sure thing as long as Kobe is still in his prime and the Lakers are what they are. He didn't owe Cleveland anything, he gave them 7 years, he made the city money, he made the franchise money, he didn't owe Dan Gilbert a damn thing. I just think it was kind of cop out, and the way he did it was absolutely terrible. He should have had the decency to call the Cavs before hand and let them know. Not go on national television and break up with an entire city in front of millions.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Wow look at these ratings. Higher than the Game 6 of the Boston/Cavs series.:shock:

ESPN Gets Ratings, Not Praise, For James Spectacle - Off the Dribble Blog - NYTimes.com