Are you pulling against the SEC in the BCS CG?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 7, 2009.

?

Wish for the SEC to lose the BCS title game?

1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. No

47 vote(s)
    44.3%
  3. I am torn

18 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Didn't say Les couldn't hold his own.
    Said teams like Bama and Florida don't need any more ammo than they already have.

Do you hanestly think Nick wouldn't use a line similar to this (if he wins a MNC at bama)?
    "I won a title at LSU, recruited a lot of the team that won the '07 title at LSU, and just won a title at Bama. Come play for me, you'll get a ring, and geaux to the NFL"

i'd rather be called a Boise lover than a Bama lover.
    in fact, i'd probably throw a punch at anyone who called me a Bama lover.

Phuck Bama, Phuck Florida.
    I want them to have as little success as possible.

I have never, and will never, EVER root for one of my rivals.
    EVER!
    Unless it directly benefits LSU.

No, the bowl money isn't a direct enough influence for me to jump to their side.

1 person likes this.
  2. TigerFanNTenn

TigerFanNTenn Founding Member

It really depends on who is playing. If it's Florida, I will pull for the SEC. Bama, no way in hell, unless they're playing Southern Cal or Ohio State. Then, I probably wouldn't even watch the damn game. But since we know that scenario's never gonna happen, I stick with, if UF plays, then I'm for the SEC, Bama, NO WAY.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm all over that scenario, with Florida then beating Bama in the SECCG--which would likely give us a BCS berth if we win out, given that we moved up a spot in the BCS when we lost yesterday.

As for the actual BCSNCG (if either Florida or Bama make it), I would pull for Texas against Florida and would throw a party for my Texas alum friends for the game if they played Bama. I'd even go buy something burnt orange to wear.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think i am with you on that one, i may have to go to my mom's house in North Tarrant County and pull for the Longhorns. At least they have won their games legit this season.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I understand for sure. It's just that it ain't like Les himself isn't wearing an SEC ring on one hand and a BCS ring on the other. All of the blue-chip players we go after these days are going to be courted by successful coaches. Nothing we can do about that. We could have worse problems than out-recruiting most of them.

But another thing that recruits notice is how you rank in the polls. If LSU can't win a trophy every year (and nobody does) then perhaps one can at least boast that we've finished 11-2 or better in 4 out of Les' five years and have been a perennial top-5 team for a decade at with no dropoff during a coaching switch or hurricanes moving three games.

Simply put, we can win a trophy now, but the better our opponents play, the better our SOS and subsequent rankings will be. Having played both top-2 teams will be huge and the higher they finish the better for LSU's final ranking and bragging rights for yet another top-10 or a possible top-5 finish.

Les fears no Nick. Les fears no Urban. Bring it, boys. Let 'er rip!

6. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I hate Bama but the thing is who do you root for then? Texas? That will never happen. I'd have to hear it from all my Big 12 friends on how they are better than the SEC. Same goes for a nobody like Boise or TCU. Couldn't stand to hear the national press go on and on about how they are legit conferences now.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I cannot bear to think of Saban winning a title at Bama. I can, however, bear to hear Texas fans say that Mack Brown b*&%h-slapped Saban again like he did in the Cotton Bowl. Or...hear comparisons of Saban to Stoops, in regards to BCS bowls.

Yes, I can live pretty well with those things.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i would rather hear from every texas person in the world that Big 12 is better than SEC anyone with a brain knows that just isn't true. The thought of Nick Saban winning a national championship makes my stomach turn.

9. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

I will go one better and declare that I always root for any SEC team other than LSU to lose any bowl game.

LSU first, the rest of the SEC dead last. Always.

It is about tradition and regional pride to me. About the money, last time I noticed the money is for bowl appearances the loser gets paid the same as the winner.

10. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I guess I just don't have the hatred for Saban that others do. I think he did great things for us then moved on to the next level. When he decided the pros weren't for him, he took the best job available at the time. I really can't fault the man for any of that. Don't get me wrong, I hate Bama and their idiot fans. I just don't get all worked up about him personally.