Are you pulling against the SEC in the BCS CG?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 7, 2009.

?

Wish for the SEC to lose the BCS title game?

1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. No

47 vote(s)
    44.3%
  3. I am torn

18 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Seriously? Lets examine there record vs BCS schools. In the last 3 years they have been 4-2 against BCS conferences. But lets look a little deaper.

Here are their wins:
    Baylor - Big -12
    Stamford - Pac-10
    Virginia - ACC
    Clemson - ACC

Not exactly the cream of the crop there

Now their losses:
    Texas - Big - 12
    OU - Big -12

Exactly what I would expect. The best of the Moutain West can't hang with the top teams in the BCS. (Note they never even played a SEC school) Sure they can beat up on the other MW teams, take down a few BCS bottom dwellers, but they are not a team that could beat the top BCS schools on a consistent basis.

They could play in a BCS conf sure. They would be a middle of the pack to above average team. (Auburn/Okie St level) In the MW they blow away the competition. That's why there is legitimacy questions.

If we played Virgina, Texas State, SMU, Air Force, Colorado St, UNLV, San Diego St, and BYU we'd have a lot of sacks too. I'd like to see their stats against Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, or Florida. Hell, even Washington or Miss St are as good as anyone of those teams.

2. Eq4bits

Eq4bits (Deep East) Texas Tiger

= Blasphemy....

3. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

+1,000

To have the gumps end-of-year meltdown again would be epic. I would "karma" their ass til the cows come home.

4. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

I went with I am torn. I love LSU first and SEC second. However, that argument is hamperred severely by the conspiracy theory of the refs now. Makes it look like we are trying to guarantee a spot in the game.

To go along with that I would hate having to hear BAMA say they have 13 when in reality they will have 8. Still a nice number, but I mean how do you claim an NC when you didn't even win your conference. I just can't stand ignorance. And I certainly don't want to see Florida be the first with 3 BCS NCs. But I think I could live with it knowing they that Tebow, being an amazing College player, was their QB or played a major roll in their winning.

5. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

I have always pulled for you guys when you wouldn't playing Bama. Surely you can return the favor against the gators and Texas.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Allow me to think about it for a bit....

uh

Neaux!!!!!

Hook Em Horns

1 person likes this.
  7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Im gonna pull for the SEC but it isnt easy. Damn hard actually but will still do it.

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

there isn't enough money on this planet to convince me to pull for either bama or florida.

whoever wins, wins.
    followed by what I hope is an embarrassing bowl loss for each of them (and Auburn as well since they're bowling again this year) (oh, and ole miss too).

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I always go for the SEC team. Well, almost always. If Bama wins it will be a tough decision for me.

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

That's because Bear Bryant didn't walk out on Alabama and take the head coaching job at LSU.