Are you pulling against the SEC in the BCS CG?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 7, 2009.

?

Wish for the SEC to lose the BCS title game?

1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. No

47 vote(s)
    44.3%
  3. I am torn

18 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. Joe Zorn

Joe Zorn Regsitered Tiger Fan

Well, I voted yes, but reading some of the other comments, I might not.
    One writer said "there is no good that can come from Florida or Alabama flashing NC rings to recruits" that we hope to get. That sure makes sense.

But, now that LSU is out of it, I think I love to see a new NC...please not BAMA!. I was hoping Iowa or Oregon would survive, if we did not. But, alas, they didn't make the weekend either.

TCU? It ain't going to happen, but it would be kind of neat to have one of the smaller schools win.

But think of the brownie points for LSU if we run the table now, and either Florida or Bama makes the NC. Especially in view of all the officiating violations in last weeks, game.

Yeah, I guess I have mixed feelings, huh?

2. mail rider

mail rider Freshman

LSU 1
    SEC 2
    Who gaves a dam 3

3. mamoutigah

mamoutigah Freshman

Im an LSU fan first , SEC second but I just can never pull for the Tide. My reasoning has nothing to do with Saban. I just hate the Tide.

4. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

jmo, but this may be the wisest post in the entire thread.

think about it ..... what better way to make a meaningful statement than to contibute to lower ratings. The contract dollars won't be impacted in the least, but it would send Slive a message that his lack of leadership is damaging the product.

one can dream ...

5. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I voted no, don't want the SEC to lose the title game. Then I realized, odds are they play Tx. That would change things. My son went to UT, I pull for them except against LSU (was real glad we won the CWS). I'd pull for Fla. over Tx. so the SEC remains the toughest conference. I might have pulled for Bama, but the officials situation has left such a bad taste in my mouth (and Saban's infantile displays on the sidelines, did he really look that bad when he was our coach?), that for the first time I'd pull against Bama in the NCG if they got there. The spear on JJ, the facemask on Hitt, and the non-Interception just disgust me. I think Fla. will take care of business, so hopefully we won't have that to worry about. I think Tx. / Fla. would be a great game.

6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Worst post on TF to date

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

As I posted in another thread, I will be pulling for UT either way. I can't bring myself to pull for Bama no matter what, and I don't want UF to lay claim to being the only team with 3 MNC. Hook em Horns