arizona-lsu espn article... EXTREME pac10 bias

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by upsizin, Sep 7, 2006.

1. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Seems like the article was fairly accurate. What am I missing here?

3. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

well, he does write for the Pac-10. i didn't see anything wrong with it. could have used less stereotypes but, other than that, a good read.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Of course, all he could write was that Oregon State and Arizona State "should have" beaten LSU. The key there is that they didn't, and I feel stronger going into this game than either of those two outings.

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

"Ted Miller covers the Pac-10 for the Seattle Post-Intelligencer."
    I have no issue with that article. He angled it to his audience. We are favored from 15 to 16.5 as of this morning. He's gotta give his readers a reason to watch the game.

6. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Did you even read the article? That was a quote from an Arizona player.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That guy is not a winner, I'm afraid. Whenever I hear a player talking "should have won" or "the better team lost", I know I'm listening to a loser's lament.

8. SeaAZCat

SeaAZCat Freshman

I think you are reading too much into it. He's merely pointing out that recent PAC-10 competition has clearly shown that it isn't necessarily cattle to a slaughter - and there have been arguably two very recent incidents where the PAC-10 schools could have easily won.

How is he off base or demonstrating a loser mentality? Were those referenced games competitive and were those two teams "worthy" competitors or not? Whether Arizona is the same caliber is certainly arguable... I'll grant you that.

btw: Red55 - good posts over on the Arizona boards. You guys have been very rationale and insightful in most of your posts / debates on the game.

SeaAZCat

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Both football games which the writer mentions took place under strange circumstances: the Oregon St game had a 2 hour monsoon immediately preceding it which adversely affected LSU's game speed and allowed Oregon St to use the short passing game with their slow receivers to their advantage. We all know what took place preceding the Arizona St game.

We would have won both of those games by 20 if it were not for those external circumstances.

10. JohnnyT

JohnnyT Founding Member

A little off topic, but what is the best AZ forum? I'd like to get a flavor for what their fans are thinking about the game.

Geaux Tigahs!