arizona-lsu espn article... EXTREME pac10 bias

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by upsizin, Sep 7, 2006.

1. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

The article makes good points, lets face it, we didn't overpower OSU or Az. State. That may be more a function of our team than anything they did, but the facts is the facts. I hope we know our schemes better at this point this season than last, and hope for a better outcome, less cardiac stress against Az. But, I'm ready for a tough game if it comes. We'll pull for our Tigers till the games over.

2. Cubix

Cubix Founding Member

goazcats.com

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You may be right, seacat. We're a little sensitive because Auburn lost a close one to us last year and all we heard all off-season was that "the best team didn't win" the game. I think the best team always wins the game and if you think you "should have won" and did not . . . you ain't the best team.

I don't know about how easily it would have been, but those two Pac-10 teams certainly kept it close. I know it comes off as as cocky but LSU is 8-0 versus the PAC-10 in their last 8 meetings and we really have a lot of confidence in this team.

Welcome to the forum!

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Heh. I guess they forgot about the Acts of God that more than leveled the playing field for OSU and ASU?

Barring another Act of God, 'Zona will be getting their asses whipped...

5. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Ridiculous. When it rains on the field BOTH teams have to play in the mud. I saw nothing during that game to tell me that LSU definitely wins by 20 on a dry field.

6. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Great read in my opinion. If anything, I feel more confident about this game after reading that. The title is the only thing I have a problem with. Instead of "Arizona to be tested in trip to LSU", it should be flipped and read "LSU to be tested by the Wildcats".

This is the best part of the article...
    :hihi:

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I don't know, bad calls by refs cause the better team to lose quite often.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The refs are part of the game, just like injuries and rain. Every team gets bad calls and both teams have to deal with the refs.

9. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Yeah, and two years before that, we heard it about the Georgia game. They were whining about it all the way until we pretty much set it straight in the SEC championship game.

MAN that was an amazing season.

10. edyel

edyel edyel

Ha,you got that right!.Looking at video out takes of that game (SECCG) there was no doubt in the 4th quarter especially by Bulldog players. That one goes down in the books as one of the best LSU games EVER!!!! Now on to '06!!:thumb: LSU! LSU!