arizona-lsu espn article... EXTREME pac10 bias

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by upsizin, Sep 7, 2006.

1. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Truer words have never been stated. The Pac 10 is full of "Loser's Lament." Case in point Matt Leinart's comments at the end of the Rose Bowl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7As_O5i2WI

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I don't see much in the way of bias here, truthfully. It would have been nice to discuss the hurricane's impact on last year, sure, but facts are facts---LSU very easily coulda dropped those two games.

That's all right---it'll all be moot when LSU wins by double-digits. Sure, talk up Az and their D...right up until JR shreds them on Saturday.

LSU-31

UA-9

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Not every team gets a questionable call on a missed extra point with less than 2 minutes to play:angryfire . We may not have won that game in OT, but if I was a ref, there is no way I'm gonna make THAT call in THAT situation.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

But that's just it. LSU was not the better team in that game/season. True, that call was surprising, but we couldn't get our offense rolling, and we gave up the winning TD in the waning minutes.

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Based on how each team was playing throughout the entire game, a good argument could be made that we were indeed the better team. I believe we were.

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

My only point was this.
    Two unbeaten teams.
    One is defending National Champs
    Conference rivals
    An outright dogfight of a game
    There is no way a call that controversial should have been called inside of 2 minutes to play. Now as I said, there's no way of knowing what would've happened in OT, but that call potentially decided the SEC west, and the SEC overall.

7. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

********* BINGO ********

8. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

Speaking of extreme PAC10 bias, they are looking pretty tough as a conference right now, anybody catch the Boise St/OSU game tonight.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

wasnt saying he was trying to impose will or anything... just a biased article is all

10. Cubix

Cubix Founding Member

Oregon will finish in the bottom of the pac...And Boise St. is crazy tough on the smurf turf.

But the pac-10 hasn't really looked good outside of USC and UCLA so far this season. Hopefully we keep it a game.