Arkansas @ Auburn, who do we pull for?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 10, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I gotta pull for R-Kansas on this one. It's still going to be a huge victory regardless, so anything that gives us a cushion in the West, I will take it. The National Championship is nice, but as far as I am concerned, you aren't a National Champion unless you win against the SEC. SEC championship is the real championship in my mind.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Great point.

Definitely advantage LSU in that regard.

Like you said, win or lose, we just want it to be a game like the LSU/Florida game where it takes everything and comes down to the last few plays.

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

OK, I guess.

Go Hogs! It's a tradition, Bama will have to make their own strategy.

4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Thats EASY, we pull for Auburn, a loss to Arky puts them pretty much out of the SECW race, brings Auburn to us Un-Defeated & the Favorites

They have pulled out just as many wins by the skin of their teeth as we have.

But I think between LSU & Auburn, LSU will control this type of football game. We will rattle Cam & Auburns Defense is much more likely to blow a game then ours.

Honestly, when thinking ahead, I am more worried about beating Arkansas than Bama or Auburn right now, not sure what it is about the Golden Boot Game, anything can happen, something crazy happens every year. (Thanksgiving 2007) - If they knock us off and spoil our undefeated season, our chances at the BCSNCG with 1 loss are VERY SLIM

There is no love or respect being shown for CLM or LSU right now, not in any aspect, even with us statistically having the best defense at LSU in the last 65 years. The BCS Poll will favor us - Mock has us at #6

LSU
    6-0
    All 6 wins against AQ BCS Teams - No Cupcakes yet
    4-0 in the SEC
    3-0 against ranked teams
    3-0 on the road
    #1 Defense in the SEC

I like flying under the radar, but I am getting tired of being left out of every chat on the BCS. Auburn - In EVERY CHAT, has won the majority of their games at the last second in come from behind style and is due to get smacked in the mouth.

I want that smack to come from US on their turf! - In front of College Gameday and that POS Kirk H. - I hate that TOSU loving biased mf

5. dallas tiger 2

dallas tiger 2 Founding Member

Auburn needs to win. It will give Arkansas 2 losses. Assume we beat Auburn, 'Bama and a weak Ole Miss team....we go to Little Rock as SECW Champs BEFORE KICKOFF.

A lot of assumptions, but would be some nice peace of mind 2 days after Thanksgiving. :geauxtige

6. lsuforever

lsuforever Founding Member

+1

7. islstl

That would make for an extremely dangerous scenario and one I would not look forward to (not the fact that we're 11-0, but playing Arkansas with nothing on the line for them).

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Duh, the national championship would be on the line in that scenario. Would need to beat Arky and USC or UF to have a shot. :grin:

9. islstl

Everything would be on the line for us (see 2007 and the meltdown at home).

I don't like Arkansas having nothing on the line except for a better bowl game.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Gotcha but I am not worried about Arkansas' motivation or lack of. They seem to always have everything in the tank for a LSU game. They will find something to play for no matter what.