Arkansas = NO Defense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PURPLE TIGER, Jan 4, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Why did the Arkansas player fall on the blocked punt?!!

There were four teammates around him and no Ohio State player in sight. He could have picked it up and run in for the winning touchdown.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

yeah that was shocking. I can't believe he fell on that ball. If he bumbles picking it up, and cant ever get possession, who cares, it's not like Ohio State can fall on it and get the ball back....

3. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

The OSU d end dropping off into coverage on that last play for the pick brought back memories of Spears in the LSU/Oklahoma game.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Again, no question his receivers lost the game for them last night. However, when he had pressure, he threw the ball horribly. His WRs aren't the only ones that dropped balls. That INT shouldn't have been the first INT. And I'm not talking about just last night. I'm talking about all season long. Anytime he was pressured, which wasn't often, he folded. Like I said, unfortunately, LSU didn't get enough pressure on him.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Yep...that's a great point. Very similar...

6. LaSalleAve

More specifically, when was pressured up the gut, he was horrible, or forced to move left. He actually, coming in, had a really good completion percentage when moving to his right, out of the pocket. Had better numbers than Pryor on the move actually. But you are right, when Hayward was in his face he often unloaded a ball that hit yards in front of his receivers.

7. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Arkansas on that safety may have invented a new way to score a safety. Drive the RB back into the endzone and then disengage and then tackle him. Defensive coordinators take note.

8. LaSalleAve

The same thing happened to Arkansas in Little Rock when we played them except it didn't result in a safety, and they were the victim.

9. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Speaking of victims in Ark., first it was the birds, then the fish, now it is the hogs!

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The game was lost in the first half and it was a team effort. The piggies just like all of their fans sitting around me were over confident. The big stage and the bright lights had them shell shocked for the entire 1st half. I don't think I have ever seen so many dropped balls and missed tackles in one half of a game in my entire life. Then sweater vest, the pitiful coach he is goes ultra conservative like he always does with a lead and allows a sloppy piggie team to make it interesting. With the amount off passes dropped and the poor game Mullet had the piggies should have lost by 50. The sad thing is Arkansas is probably the better team. Wasn't impressed with Patrino's game plan and play calling either. I had fun at the game, but the piggies made a poor showing for the SEC.