Arkansas overconfidence

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by EELSU1, Nov 27, 2002.

1. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Your MSU game sounds a lot like our loss to Bummer a few years back. We had two passes tipped right to the receivers by our DBs. At least you guys won this game. LSU fans are still hurting over that Bummer game. :) Also, MSU is probably better than some give credit for. They should beat Ole Miss with a hurt Manning. In pretty much every game this season, MSU folds in the second half. They keep it close and then get spanked. I just find it a little strange that Arky was the only team that MSU sparked a come back against...

I do understand about being flat for non-conference games (at this point our opposition usually pulls out the old "UAB" card and waves it around).

All that being said, the Oinkers still don't look like a team that is playing their best ball. That gives LSU fans some confidence going in and gives the Hog fan's arrogant confidence a shallow look...

Here come the lies, damn lies, and stats....

If I were you, I would not brag too much about your running offense against some of the teams you mentioned. I'll admit that you ran the ball down AU's throat. You took advantage of a weakness (that they had fixed by the time we played them, grrrr). But I would not brag too much about the other games. MSU and USC are not much as far as run defense. Our stats against them are pretty much the same (actually, we did better) and we don't claim to be a world beater at running the ball, just above average. At Tennessee you averaged 3.6 yards per carry. If we keep you to 3.6 yards a carry, we should win (3.6 * about 50 carries is 180 yards). Our run defense is definitely better than Tennessee's run defense. Especially against one dimensional teams.

I think that the Hogs should be worried. This is at best an even game because of home field advantage. Definitely NOT a gimmee for the Hogs. In my opinion (obviously purple and gold tinted), LSU actually has a better chance to win (if Randall does not choke and we limit the foot shooting).

2. WF TIGER

WF TIGER Founding Member

Last time we ran

into a team that was over confident we beat them in the SEC championship game. I wouldn't be making travel arrangments for Atlanta just yet.

3. hawgwilde

hawgwilde Founding Member

Same

goes on your end as well. Hell, the way you guys talk, we should just give the boot to you and come back from Little Rock now!

Isn't all this smack great?

Hogs 24
    Pussies 17

4. WF TIGER

WF TIGER Founding Member

Seems to be

the other way around to me. To have a extra 100 law enforement officers their to help with crowd control and from tearing down the goal post at the end of the game. I think ya'll think we should not even show up and just forfiet the game to you and fedex the boot back to hickville.

5. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Re: Same

Tigers 35
    Sister Porkers 21

6. hawgwilde

hawgwilde Founding Member

Aww

that's just Small Stone for you. They never let anybody have any fun!

7. WooStLouiee

WooStLouiee Freshman

Re: All good points Hog4Life...

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: Re: All good points Hog4Life...

9. WooStLouiee

WooStLouiee Freshman

I think I should have done that before our game w/ Bama, cause my crow was real bland :)

Thanks for the lesson.