Arkansas saves UL-Monroe (NLU)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Jan 31, 2004.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

Look at the generousity being displayed by a fellow SEC school. Ths allows ULM to stay D1 in football. I am glad Skip did not do this, they hurt our SOS enough last year as is.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1723388

Get ready for 5 more years of ass kickings ULM, you deserve it!

:D :lsug:

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

ULM reminds me of Rocky I. No matter how bad he got the sh*t kicked out of him he kept coming back for more. Although, Arkansas is more like Mr T. than Apollo Creed.

3. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

The NCAA needs to step in. This cannot be in the intent of home games or attendance requirements of these home games.

4. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Oh great, now Southeastern is going to want a deal with us so they can move up. Unbelievable.

5. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

ULL tried to do a similar thing with us. They wanted us to play them in 2005 in the Superdome. They would count it as thier home game for attendence purposes but we would get to keep a larger portion of the money earned from the game. Needless to say the deal did not go through.

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I guess its more about money than it is competing. They need to look at McNeese. They stay 1-AA, are very successful and draw decent crowds.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

there is an obvious loohole in the rules and ULM is taking advantage as well as Arkie as they get a a "quasi" road game at in their own state and the revenues of a home game and then they still get to play the maximum number of homes games. That is total BS. The NCAA should not let this happen.