ARKANSAS VS OLE MISS

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by col reb, Oct 23, 2009.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

What do you guys think about this one?

Ryan Mallett---6'7' strong armed qb...calm in pocket...only three interceptions in six games...Pig defense poor though...Usually.

OM offense --- either hot or cold .. no real shame with loss to Alabama and South Carolina...both pretty good teams.

Defense---held Bama to one td but five fgs. Bama held to fgs in red zone time after time. (AP/CL) The OM defense has been good all season, but it's been especially good in three situations: In the first quarter, on third down, and in the red zone.

The Rebs have allowed only three first-quarter points, outscoring opponents 30-3. The only opponent to score during the first 15 minutes of a game? That would be Bama, which converted a 25-yard field goal attempt.

OM's opponents have converted third-down opportunities only 23.4 percent of the time (22-of-94), which is tops in the SEC.

In the red zone, opponents have scored on 17 of 24 trips (70.8 percent), which ranks third in the SEC. Maybe even more impressively, only five of those 17 scores have been touchdowns.

My take...............OM offense has to play well. Pig defense not too impressive..(except for the Fla game) Three and outs will kill them...can't let Mallet stay on the field.

Appreciate your opinion...(well.......most of you) :lol::lol:

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

This is a pick-em game to me. Hot & cold Jevan, Hog/Nutt factor...should be entertaining is my pick.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I thought Arkansas looked dangerous last weekend. Dennis Johnson was a beast in that game. Ole Miss has had some good defensive play this season, maybe this will be the game Snead can bring it together, he just doesn't look the same without Michael Oher who was the heart and soul of that offense a season ago. I would take Arkansas in this one until Ole Miss can find themselves offensively.

4. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

So far it doesn't look like a pick-em.
    But if Arkansas can turn it on at the end of the half and score like they did, what is stopping them the rest of the time?
    Is the Ole Miss D good, but just letting up at the end of the 1st half??