Arnold For Govenator

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CalcoTiger, Oct 7, 2003.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Here is some conservative smack from California. I voted for Arnold for Govenator and yes to the recall. Damn i hope he wins and gets that bleeding heart, scumsucking, two faced, lilly livered, bucktoothed, bill clinton loving, piece of dung Davis out of office.

I got a recorded phone message the other night from that wench Barbara Streisand and i felt my blood pressure go up so high i almost had a heart attack. If i ever get the chance i am going to go heckle that commie skank. If i do i may need one of my fellow LOUISIANA Republicans to come bail me out since my wife is a Democrat.

We dont agree on politics at all.

Geaux Tigers

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

This is not directed at you Calco but I am so freaking sick and tired of hearing about your state's gubernatorial race that I am beyond puking. Why the F--- have we been inundated for months about a STATE election? Do Californians give a flying f--- about the recent Louisiana elections? Calco, do you have any idea at all who will be in a runoff for Governor of La? Do you care one bit? Damn, the national media pisses me off.

We now return you to normalcy.

3. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I see your point Sabanfan and i too am sick of hearing about it. I am so glad one way or the other it is done.

The reason this has had so much attention i think is because they are recalling a Govenor that while incompetent has not been caught doing anything criminal. This is precedent setting and i fear has opened a can of worms that will have repercussions all over the country.

I have to say i have misgivings about what is happening here even though i despise Davis.

Even though my parents live in Louisiana still and i grew up there i have to say no i dont know who is in the runoff. No i dont much care unless my love for LSU Football takes me back to LOUISIANA when i retire.

I sometimes feel out of place here Sabanfan and with these screwed up politics here it reminded me a little of my home state LOL

Geaux Tigers

4. JD

JD Founding Member

I think Arnold will be a good governor.

But I loathe removing elected people from office, short of a criminal offense.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I loathe putting them in there in the first place. But I did vote.

6. JD

JD Founding Member

People with some personality can often get a lot more done than policy-wonkers - regardless, if Arnold doesn't fix the budget, they'll throw him out on his ears
    Cal wouldn't be in this mess if the republican part wasn't controlled by the far right and had nominated Riordan in the first place

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

My understanding about last year's Republican primary in that state was that Gray Davis spent tons of money to bring down Dick Riordan in the primary because he knew Riordan would be a tough fight in the general election. And as conservative as Simon is, and as incompetent as his campaign was, he still lost to Davis by a small margin.

Give Gray Davis credit. He is a masterful campaigner, he knows how to win elections. But he is such a poor governor even he couldn't escape the recall election, despite the best efforts of the left-wing LA Times to help him out this week.

It will be interesting to watch in 2006, when the next governor's election is scheduled, whether or not Schwarzenegger faces any challenge from the social conservatives in the primary, or he gets a free pass to the general election.

8. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

I don't see Ahnold doing any better than Grayout. Look at the disaster Jesse the Body was in Minnesota.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There are only 12 states that have provisions for a recall of statewide elected officials. I kind of like the idea that the people have a way to fire incompetent politicians without having to wait 4 years while the politician continues to screw it up even worse. Gray Davis wasn't charged with any criminal offense but apparently a majority of the California voters who elected him in the first place were fed up with the way he handled the peoples money. Can Conan the Terminator Governor quickly fix the Golden State's budgetary woes? I doubt it but the people have spoken.

10. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

California Tiger from another message baord laid out the fiscal problem quite well. All those citizen initiatives they keep passing are a big part of the problem--they mandate state spending so that either taxes have to be raised or painful cuts need to be made in non-protected areas.

I'd like to add one other problem to his explanation: Californians themselves. They don't want offshore drilling, they don't want power plants, they don't want to do anything to produce energy, but they consume it in huge quantities.