Around college football... mostly week 1

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Sep 8, 2006.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I understand what you are getting at, but disagree with how you put it. The East, as I see it, is tight. Tough, no. In fact, it wouldn't shock me at all to see the 3rd team in the West end up 3rd in the SEC as a whole...worse case scenario tied for 3rd.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think you're giving Bama too much credit. :yelwink2:

I agree with you though that it isn't that the East is too tough, just very tight at the top this year in terms of competetiveness.

3. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

Georgia has had 5 top ten recruiting classes in a row.

To overlook Georgia again is as expected as seeing Florida being hyped once more as a top 10 team.

We shall see...

4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

How many did West Virginia have?:shock:

(sorry, I'm into happy hour and my wife is already talking about this headache she thinks she has coming on.)

5. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

:confused:

Their starting QB looked like cow dung throughout the game and the backup is the one who led them to all 18 of their points.

6. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

I think he's talking about Steve Levy, who took over last year, QB'ed their bowl game... and was suspended for the UT game because of a fight in a bar.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Also, in week 1, Buffalo won their first game of the season for the first time in... forever?

Pittsburgh got another win last night and might be an exciting team to watch this season after a disappointing 2005 season. That throws another variable into the Big East's power structure.

8. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

Three WV alums on Georgia's staff were not all that disappointed about the outcome.

But most imporantly, it saved the Big East a berth that they were about to lose.

That game had more dimensions than I care to list.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Rutgers adds another big win for the big east by beating the pathetic Illini from the Big10. Ole Miss embarasses the SEC by being routed by Missouri. Northwestern was taken to the woodshed by a 1aa team and NC State loses to Akron. Minor conferences (and the Big East) are getting some attention grabbing early wins.