Around the Horn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by macatak911, Mar 20, 2006.

1. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

Seriously, who told the world Tennessee is SEC champs? Plaschey (sp?) just commented on how Wichita State has the most impressive run to the 16 and said they knocked off a Big East team by 20 and knocked off SEC champ Tennessee.....:angryfire :angryfire :angryfire

2. lsufan112001

lsufan112001 Founding Member

Gumbel said the same thing too yesterday around lunch, no wonder why we got a #4 seed.

3. jjbodean1970

jjbodean1970 Founding Member

i just saw that too. they are all a bunch of morons! :geauxtige

4. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I heard one of the announcers identify LSU as having "won the western division of the SEC."

Damfino..........:confused:

5. macatak911

6. macatak911

"Duke still has to go through Texas" - Woody Page........hmm do we even exist?

7. tigerleg24

tigerleg24 Guest

Thats the problem with the conference tourney's. Some leagues use the tourney to deside the conference champ and others like the SEC use the regular season. I'm sure its very confussing to the wonderful media. If any of them did any research before they open there mouth that would be nice.

8. LSUDAN

LSUDAN Founding Member

CBS kept putting on the TV that Tenn. was SEC champs. It is amazing how reporters and media don't even do their homework anymore.

9. Laminator

Laminator Founding Member

Well if UT had won the SEC tourney instead of getting their azzes bounced in the first game they played, I'd have a little more sympathy. As it is, it seems that Bruce Pearl has either somehow managed to invent a media mind-control device or else has mastered Jedi mind tricks.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see them playing this weekend. "UT, they won lat week didn't they?" -- random NCAA official

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Maybe the talking heads are so stupid, they don't know the difference between the men's and women's teams! (Since Tenny won the women's tournament even tho the Tiger women were the regular season champs.)