Arthur not yet commited

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUalum24, Apr 24, 2006.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Re: Arthur commits to LSU

Durant is a similar player to Arthur. He was looking to play next to Aldridge, who is a typical post-up center big man. Big Baby is also that type of player. There's probably only room for one Arthur/Durant on the floor at a time.... unless you're the Phoenix Suns or the Memphis Tigers. :rofl:

Definitely. Darrell Mitchell graduates and Tyrus leaves for the NBA.

2. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

While I understand your point, Durant and Arthur could play on the court at the same time. You just rotate your inside outside posts. I think Durant and Arthur, realistically, have more competition between the two of them as both freshman, both looking to make the jump to the NBA soon. If PJ Tucker leaves (and I'm not sure he will, b/c he's just "testing" the waters), UT will be surprisingly thin on the frontcourt, given the departure of Buckman and Aldridge.

DJ Augustin could go from playing with Aldridge, Tucker, and PJ, to playing on a team with four freshman... sound familiar? Get used to the new game of college basketball...

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i agree that the coaches shouldnt promise a starting position to a recruit. i had issues with those thinking the recruit is selfish because they want to start immediately.

4. KC Tiger

KC Tiger Freshman

I live in Kansas City and have friends who live for KU basketball, and they all say Arthur is not going to commit to KU - so it looks good for the Tigers. I think he realized that he can come in and play right away at LSU. KU is very deep at forward, and he would probably spend alot of time on the bench in Lawrence.:geauxtige

5. clair

clair Rockets

that is a good point, but unless he is SURE he is REALLY good, he could spend time on the bench here, too...

I have no clue why everyone just overlooks Lazarre and Rolle's potential to start for us...

We forget that Lazarre started over Tyrus for about half the season

6. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

well we will know tomorrow at 12 30....i think its pretty much down to baylor and us....i think we get him.

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Is it 12:30 yet? :grin:

9. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

Good grief... Arthur's delaying the announcement again, according to Rivals. (I'm not subscribed so I can't see the article, only the lead paragraph on the main hoops page.)

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

SOC's Arthur reschedules news conference
    02:14 PM CDT on Monday, May 8, 2006

By KATE HAIROPOULOS / The Dallas Morning News

Darrell Arthur became overwhelmed by the pressure of picking the right college to continue his basketball career, causing him to cancel a news conference scheduled for this afternoon, said Jazzy Hartwell, Arthur's AAU coach and main adviser.

The South Oak Cliff McDonald's All-American and SportsDay's player of the year was expected to pick among Baylor, Kansas and LSU.

"I'm worried about him," Hartwell said. "He's trying not to hurt anybody's feelings."

Poor guy. I don't care whose feelings he hurts, as long as they're not mine. :D