Arthur to Kansas

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by pharpe, May 9, 2006.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

BS! If a kid is willing to take a path that is different from that of his peers, and stay away from drugs and the crime, where he comes from should make no difference with recruiting. If anything, it could show the kid has a lot of strength and character, something you want on your team. Just look at Big Baby.

The bottom line is, we lost a great recruit that fans would have loved to have seen at LSU.

2. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

First - We recruited him so it obvious Brady wanted him.

Second - It's one thing to say you don't want a guy because of a history of problems or police record, but to say we don't want him because he's from a bad area makes no sense. If we had passed on every kid that grow up in a ruff neighbourhood we would have lost countless star athletes.

3. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

well looks like we lost what could have been tyrus with an outside game in losing this kid. hopefully the tex tech and marquette transfers will do well and boost our outside game to make up for the los inside that is tyrus. u never know tho, he could transfer? anybody with insider information/

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

too bad this one got away.

(3) Kansas 87, Towson 61
    Preview - Box Score - Recap

By STEVE BRISENDINE, AP Sports Writer
    November 19, 2006

LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) -- It took about 10 minutes for No. 3 Kansas to find its winning form again.

It took even less time for Darrell Arthur to show that -- even as a freshman -- he can lead a team full of stars.

The Jayhawks' young center scored 26 points in his first career start,

etc, etc. http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/recap;_ylt=ArnCY.92HH0XUbOdznM1CFfevbYF?gid=200611190287&prov=ap

5. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Yeah....but they also lost to Old Dominion the game before that....Arthur would of been nice but I think the thing that is gonna happen with Kansas again this season is that they have too much talent and too many players to keep happy.

6. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Oral Roberts

7. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

EXACTLY. I just laugh as Kansas (on the cover of SI) as the number one team in the land, loses right off the bat to Oral Roberts (OR is not a bad team by any stretch, but they're not ranked ... ).

BUT, D.Arthur has been the man for them, and scored like 26 points for them in their last game as a starter.

YES, it would have been nice to land D.Arthur, but I've got to think that the kid wanted the spot light and he'd have to share it if he came to LSU. LSU's got so many guys who can play on the frontline that D.Arthur would not be getting as many touches as at Kansas. I'll take my chances with Davis, Lazare, Mitchell, Rolle and Johnson for now....

NEXT YEAR? Add Randolph, Wright, Green and Thornton. We're not hurting...

8. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Eh....my bad!