Article about Coach Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by luvdimtigers, Jul 11, 2008.

1. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

2. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

A damn good article. The comparisons are obvious. However, I don't think Coker even came close to the recruiting that Les has compiled. This season will be telling........ Perilloux leaving is gonna be a defining moment for our program. No matter how the chips fall,,,,,,I applaude Miles for dismissing Ryan, there's only so much a program can take from one guy. To be honest,,,, I was shocked that Miles let Ryan go. He was the "factor" for the upcoming season. I didn't think the program could take it. But,,,,,,,,,,,he's gone. Miles man'ed up and kicked him to the curb. I REALLY hope that one of our recruits steps up. Miles did the right thing. Enough said.

View attachment 11136

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What's this "time will tell", chit?

There are exactly 7 players on this team that Nick recruited and all were redshirts. It ain't Nick's team and hasn't been for a long time. Nick's last three classes at LSU averaged 3.6 stars per player. Les' first three classes at LSU averaged 3.8 stars.

There ain't going to be a drop-off when Nick's players are completely gone.

3 people like this.
  4. clair

clair Rockets

defining moments in this past season are:

Keiland's swing pass TD against Va Tech (Keiland is a Miles guy)
    Byrd's TD to win a game against Auburn (Byrd is a Miles guy)
    Harry Coleman making play after play in the title game (Coleman is a Miles guy)

It's not like the guys Les is recruiting are flopping and the teams were 100% filled with Saban signings.

1 person likes this.
  5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

its called not letting facts get in the way of ones perception and a story to write.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

or i know somehow this still pisses off lsu fans even though i dont believe it but ill write it so people link it to their sites and i will get some hits.

forward, by glen gildeaux

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I love this guy. Of all the coaches that won national titles in their first three seasons, he decides to only compare Coach Les to Larry Coker.

Why not also compare him to the other coaches that won national titles in their first three seasons as HC...

Urban Meyer, Florida
    Bob Stoops, Oklahoma
    Pete Carroll, USC
    Jim Tressel, Ohio St
    Lloyd Carr, Michigan
    Gene Stallings, Alabama
    Dennis Erickson, Miami
    Barry Switzer, Oklahoma
    Lou Holtz, ND
    Dan Devine, ND
    Ara Parseghian, ND
    Frank Leahy, ND
    Knute Rockne, ND

P.S. Terry Bowden, Auburn, went 11-0 his first season, but was ineligible for post-season play because of NCAA violations by the previous coaching staff

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

the comparisons were made because of the talent he inherited. still not sure how that makes winning a nc easy

9. clair

clair Rockets

just ask Tuberville or Richt

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

So you believe that none of those other coaches that won National Championships in their first three years didn't inherit some serious talent when they took their jobs at Oklahoma, USC, Ohio St, Michigan, Alabama, Miami, Florida and Notre Dame? Are you kidding me???

I'm sorry if you don't think LSU is just as Big State U Football Powerhouse as Oklahoma, Ohio St, Michigan, Alabama, and Florida -- but we really are, and pretty much always have been (how in the hell do you think Tiger Stadium got so enormous?)

Recruits Saban inherited when he came to LSU included:

Brandon Winey, Louis Williams, Robert Royal, Josh Booty, Rohan Davey, Jarvis Green, Howard Green, Domanick Davis, Josh Reed, Bradie James, Trev Faulk, Norman LeJeune, LaBrandon Toefield, Tommy Banks, Ryan Clark, Kendrick Allen, Chad Lavalais, Eric Edward, Demetrius Hookfin, etc.

As for Dinardo, he showed up at LSU and goes 29-9-1 during his first three seasons (73.6% win pct), which was the 14th best win pct in the NCAA during that time (12th best if you disregard Toledo and Marshall). In the SEC, it was 3rd best, only behind Florida and Tennessee. You think Dinardo did that without inheriting guys like Alan Faneca, Eddie Kennison, David LaFleur, Gabe Northern, and Chuck Wiley?

Recruits that decided to play for Dinardo included Cecil Collins, Kevin Faulk, Rondell Mealey, Booger McFarland, Nicky Savoie, Mark Roman, Todd McClure, Larry Foster, Herb Tyler, Cedric Donaldson, Tommy Banks, Abram Booty, Ryan Clark, Jarvis Green, Howard Green, Robert Royal, Louis Williams, Kendrick Allen, Josh Reed, Brandon Winey, Josh Booty, Rohan Davey, Domanick Davis, Bradie James, Norman LeJeune, Chad Lavalais, LaBrandon Toefield, Trev Faulk, Eric Edward, Demetrius Hookfin, etc.