Article about Lindsey Scott Jr's work ethic and diet.. Wow!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dsj3696, Jul 2, 2016.

1. dsj3696

dsj3696 Freshman

Many of you may have already read this, but I thought I'd share for those who haven't. Scott Jr has been one of my favorite recruits since he signed with LSU. IMO, he could be next in line after Harris leaves/graduates. If his work ethic, routine, and professional demeanor are any indication, it'll happen.. lol

Here's the link: http://datboot.com/2016/07/01/lindsey-scott-workout-diet/

2. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

He'll never play a down of football at QB in an S.E.C. game for LSU. Too short. Will not be able to see the field adequately. Might bump McMilan and cause him to transfer, but once Brennan and Narcisse arrive in 2017, he'll be quickly moved to another position a la Russel Shepard. Dinkelman arrives in 2018 as well. Not being negative, just realistic..............

3. dsj3696

dsj3696 Freshman

I disagree. He'll be fine. Just ask current short QB's Russell Wilson (5'10") and Johnny Manziel (5'11). They managed. If his play is a reflection of his lifelong training under the tutelage of his father, he'll be great.

I'm not counting Brennon, Narcisse, or Dinkleman until they arrive on campus, which at that time I feel Scott will get an honest look because of his experience in the system and his relentless work ethic/training regime.

LSUTiga and Winston1 like this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I tell you what, I just skimmed that article but with a work ethic and dedication like he's showing, I wouldn't count him out.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. dsj3696

dsj3696 Freshman

Amen.. I understand what LSUBraveheart is saying, but I think Pete Carroll, who has had success on all levels, explains it best here: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pete-carroll-qbs-under-6-0-like-johnny-manziel-can-succeed/.

This article here: http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2016/01/lindsey_scott_jrs_commitment_g.html explains his abilities and gives a great assessment of his overall skill level. I'm not going into too much detail here because the article I just posted says it all. The guy has been working on his accuracy, throwing motion, footwork, studying film, exorcising, and lifting weights since before high school. His workout routine is second to none. The last thing I'd add is that he's NOT a duel-threat QB, but he CAN be when he has to. He's a pocket passer/scrambler who goes through his reads, and he isn't afraid to tuck and run when he thinks it's necessary.

I'd love to see him at least get a chance when his number comes up. I feel if he works as hard as he's been working almost all of his life, he'll get that chance.

LSUTiga likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

From your link, this alone- if true- makes him better than several we've had/have recently.

dsj3696 likes this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Most of the prototype qbs under Miles have sucked, I'm glad he was backed into a corner and forced to take this guy from Zachary. If it is someone that Miles and co are hesitant on, I say yes. I'm mostly kidding, of course, but there is some truth to it. Tired of the QB BS, if it continues this year will the fuckin president step aside and allow change? I have my doubts.

LSUTiga and dsj3696 like this.
  8. dsj3696

dsj3696 Freshman

\
    I agree. Things haven't been very good since Ryan Perrilloux was axed. In fact, in Miles 10 years, we've had THREE real good QBs, which he only signed ONE of them (the other 2 were Saban signees.) Go ahead and ink Miles up with ONE good QB that he's signed in 10 years. That's just pathetic. I'm hoping after his close call last year, he'll open up a little and do (or allow) what needs to be done. I'm not a fan of Miles. We may have won with him, but I think we mostly won in spite of him. We've definitely lost quite a few because of him.

9. LSUTiga

I actually like your reasoning and think there's a lot of validity.

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You can measure height.
    It's pretty difficult to measure heart, desire, & work ethic.

ROY_LA_CA, dsj3696 and Winston1 like this.