Article about Tubby

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by AUMorgan21, Oct 28, 2002.

1. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You can call a pig a horse but it's still a pig!

3. AUMorgan21

Yea ok I give up.....

Tubby could find the cure for cancer and solve all the problems in the middle east and some of you guys would still hate him I think. Ok so maybe thats a little much, but come on he did do the right thing and take a step in the right direction towards easing the animosity.

WAR EAGLE

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

He took a knee with 2 seconds left and up by 24. That's what you're SUPPOSED to do. Granted, it was anti-Tubby to do so and maybe it does show he's headed in a classier direction. Now...if we can just get rid of the smirk.

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

He took a knee with 2 seconds left and up by 24. That's what you're SUPPOSED to do.

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Oops...

I posted before I meant to on that last one. Not to get into bashing Tubby today, but that quote from SabanFan is true. It's like that bit from Chris Rock where he says his old friends say things like, "I support my kids. I give them food and shelter. I ain't never been to prison!" That's what you're SUPPOSED to do. Doesn't mean you should take credit for it.

7. AUMorgan21

Yes it was what he was supposed to do. But to listen to you all talk you would have thought that Tubberville would have run it in and then done an onside kick to get the ball back and try to score again. Any how I have run across a few of you who were impressed that he did take the knee and such, but I guess there are some of you who will NEVER be content with Tubbs. Oh well you cant win for losing with some people.

WAR EAGLE!!

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Don't take it personally Morg, ole gal. You're an Auburn fan with style.

It's just that Tubs has done it to us before that we rag him. He piled it on needlessly when at Ole Miss and at Auburn. Respected coaches never do this stuff (Spurrier did, of course) I'm glad to see Tuberville has decided to join the coaching majority, he's overdue. But he doesn't deserve a laurel crown for it.

No we will never like Tuberville. But we like you!

9. AUMorgan21

Thanks

Thanks, its nice to be liked. :) I enjoy this board a lot, even when I do have to overlook some mean things about my team. But I realize it comes with the territory (ie. this being an LSU board). Theres just usually good conversation over here. This and the board at collegefootballnews.com are my favorites. The board at CFN the guys over there are hilarious, they take jabs at each other but its all in fun, its the most laid back board that Ive found so far. But this one is definitely my favorite to talk football on.

WAR EAGLE!!

10. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Reading between the lines

If you read between the lines looks like TUBBY was told to not do anything that might cause a reaction in Baton Rouge next yr.

BIG WIN FOR AUBURN BUT DINARDO HAD THOSE WINS TOO