Article about Tubby

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by AUMorgan21, Oct 28, 2002.

1. chuck

chuck Founding Member

OR . . .

he may have had no reason to run up the score as it was a clean hard fought game by two respectable programs. .

nah . .that would be too simple, wouldn't it . .

2. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

WHY WOULD THEY RIGHT AN ARTICLE

About Tubby not running up the Score? Maybe because he has a track record of being a coach that likes to do things like that.... Nah that would be to simple.

I did not notice that there were articles about Nick kneeling on the ball up 38 to 14 on South Carolina only when Tubby does it. BECAUSE HE HAS A TRACK RECORD.

DINARDO WON BIG GAMES TOO

3. chuck

chuck Founding Member

no

I think the article pretty clearly explains WHY there was a need to write it in the first place . .

4. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

While Ive been at AU....

Auburn hasnt really run the score up. The LSU game in 99 could be the exception, but I dont really remember that game. There arent many games from my freshman year that were worth remembering. But anyhow, I could be wrong. Most of the games I remember from my time here have been close, good games for the most part. Maybe they wrote the article just based on all of the bad blood and crazy things that seem to happen in this series. Who knows?!

WAR EAGLE!!

5. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

The first thing i posted after the AU win

was - congrats on the win and that CTT showed class by taking a knee at the end. Further, I expressed hope that it would help heal some wounds.

i think the "wounds" exist in large part among the community of folks who post on message boards. We're obviously very passionate about our teams. We're more than just casual observers. We spend time doing this because our teams are important to us - for whatever reason.

I really think most folks just enjoy the sport, the pageantry and healthy competition. I hope that's where the LSU-AU game is headed - back to healthy competition. I think CTT may have thought - payback is a bitch. And if I'm gonna coach in this league for a long time - I better stop being and ahole.

Granted, that never stopped Spurrier, but maybe CTT had an epiphany. Nothing wrong with "swagger" or confidence or even cockiness, just don't be an ahole. Before Saturday, rightly or wrongly, I and many other LSU fans thought CTT was an ahole. Now, I don't think he's an ahole. I am looking forward to the rest of our season. I am not at all thinking - wait til next year. We have too much to play for this year.

Maybe that Tiger did change his stripes.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I've mentioned this once before. Spurrier had the skins on the wall. Tubby has not earned the right to be an A-hole.

7. msully

msully Founding Member

Re: Yea ok I give up.....

It is football , now I will say that I hope AUB beats BAMA and I hope LSU beats BAMA it gives LSU a chance for another SEC Championship . We do not have Steve any more got to have somone to blame for all this pain so it is Tubby.

8. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

The Auburn folks who visit our board

seem very reasonable and nice. That's great.

I don't know why I thought that all Auburn fans must be jerks. It's nice to see that I was wrong about that.

They beat us pretty badly on Saturday. I'm down about it, but I figure that if Michael Spann is smiling up there about it, the Aubie win Saturday wasn't a total loss.

ps Michael Spann gave his life fighting in Afghanistan for the USA. I hope I spelled his name correctly.

Hey Michael: I'm glad you enjoyed the game Saturday. Your Aubie football team must have learned how to fight from you.

9. TIGERNMS

TIGERNMS Founding Member

Classless

Maybe someone told tubby how classless he is/has been ie miss st. game on espn. I think he was on the hot seat for won/loss record and his behavior.

10. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I can assure you . .

his behavior during the MSU game was NOT an issue with anyone at Auburn.

1) It was a smart move to keep the football, useless points would have been nothing, and MSU has came back on us before . .
    2) Sherrill deserves everything he gets and more . .