Article about Tubby

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by AUMorgan21, Oct 28, 2002.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Whoaaaaaa...Tell us more. Seems like coach bashing is suddenly the thing to do.

2. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

Now

The whole MS State game is never gonna be agreed on. The fake field goal would have been stopped had they not been offsides. And if that were the case then they would have gotten the ball back. Had we gone for the field goal that would have been unnecessary points as well. Its kind of like when Tre Smith broke free for 30 something yards on 4th and long Saturday.....it should have been stopped. But Im not gonna argue that point, its a moot point and its in the past, cant go back and do it again.

WAR EAGLE!!

3. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

when someone breaks a run at the end of the game that is a part of football...but

when a coach calls a fake field goal when the score is already 35-7 in the 4th quarter that is totally uncalled for, I am not taking nothing away from that beating yall gave us saturday, and Jackie Sherill does have a track history the follows CTT, still that shows the rest of the nation on a national TV broadcast what Classless football is all about...

4. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

Point taken. :) To me, the fakes keep the game interesting, if they come at the right time. I love em'. Not so much when they dont work though. :D

WAR EAGLE!!

5. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

Re: I can assure you . .

You sure about that chuck? Seems like the WEN board and most other Auburn boards I visited after the game were evenly split in support vs. disgust.

6. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I'm sure about

the people that mattered . . . (trustees, athletic director, me) . .

and I don't think disgust would be the word . .more like people didn't like it . .

and to defend it one more time . . we kick the field goal . .we are adding unecessary points . .we give them the ball . .we are giving them a chance to come back (like 1999) . .so we faked the field goal because our coaches noticed they were jumping on the head count during field goals . .hey . guess what . .it worked, we kept the ball, and then ran the ball the rest of the way . .

BTW . .we kneeled on the ball at the end of that game in the same position we were in last weekend. .

glen . not unlike Coach Fran calling a timeout up by 20+ on USM with under a minute left on USM's 5 yard line, and not kneeling on the ball?

7. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

The difference being that Tubby called a fake kneel this weekend and the players got it wrong and played the real kneel! :D

By the way chuck, just trying to keep you a little honest with your obvious enjoyement of baiting the elephants over here! We really don't want to go through ALL of THIS 'your coach showed no class, no yours didn't' stuff again, do we? :D

How about if we agree that Jackie Sherrill is the most classless coach in the SEC, maybe the country. I would vote for the Nutt as #2.

8. chuck

chuck Founding Member

as I said in the other post . .

I wouldn't know ANYTHING about baiting . . lol . .

that has my vote . . I can't stand watching Nutt dance around the sidelines . . drives me nuts . .