Article calling Pat Tillman "Rambo"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerFan23, Apr 29, 2004.

1. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but I came across this article on ESPN.com about some jackass grad student at UMass who took it upon himself to blast Pat Tillman for joining the Army and essentially saying that he deserved to die. Here's the link: Article

I tried to go to the newspaper's website and read the full story for myself, but apparently its experiencing high traffic. I guess I'm not the only one who thought this was the worst piece of "opinion reporting" I've ever read. You know it's bad when even the University President openly says that it is "disgusting, arrogant and intellectually immature." It's people like this writer who make me want to vomit.

2. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

Wow. I'm not even sure how to describe that. It's so vile it probably warrants its own word.

Tillman's not alone. There are thousands of professional people in this country (doctors, pilots, etc) that serve in the armed forces and are giving up their lives and careers to serve the country. This may not be the best grammar, but it's foolish to call those people foolish.