Article from the daily condom on Mike Williams

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, Apr 2, 2004.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Although Clarret deserves to be sent packing and as much as I hate USuCk it would really be bad to see Williams have to sit out of football for a year because the courts couldn't make up their mind. He rolled the dice and may very well lose big on this one. How far would his stock drop after sitting out a year? How many millions lost? :geaux: :lsug: :champs:

http://www.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/uwire/040104aak.html

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

One word comes to mind: CANADA

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I wouldn't be sad to see Williams sit out a year. Like you said he rolled the dice. He should have been aware of all the risks involved when he decided to go pro. Oh well. He'll be fine. I don't see his stock dropping much as long as he continues to work out and stay in shape over the next season.

4. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

This guy's just pissed at Mike Williams for leaving. He just couldn't resist writing this article.

5. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

My guess is that even if the three judge panel rules in favor of the NFL, they will fashion a "remedy" for Clarett, Williams and the others who have declared for the NFL by making their ruling prospective, i.e., beginning next year.

They'll point to the NFL opening up the draft to show the individual defendants would suffer irreparable harm if they weren't able to enter the draft.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Not sure if that would stand up in court. Once the precedent is set it will be hard to deny anyone in the future. :geaux: :lsug:

7. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

Here's a link to the judge's opinion regarding the NFL's motion to bar Clarett pending appeal. It basically says why she decided the way she decided and why she wouldn't bar Clarett pending appeal. Her decisions are pretty solid.

http://www.nysd.uscourts.gov/courtweb/pdf/D02NYSC/04-01129.PDF

Not that hard to read for a legal document.

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

*******GREED IS HIS OWN REWARD*******

Nice job counseling dude, Carroll!!!!

9. BB

BB Founding Member

This is a shame and these are young men who want to fulfill their dreams. Don't scream about how greedy Williams is - that is weak - he has a one in a million opportunity to play in the NFL and that makes him greedy?

10. BB

BB Founding Member

I just saw that the 2 Tyco Executives accused of stealing $600 Million were granted a mistrial after a 6 month trial - but Mike Williams is greedy?